Something Special for Washington State Owners

Hey everyone, 

I have made reproduction tabs for your vintage license plates so you can run them on your vintage car! Simply find the correct license plate style, purchase a tab, and you're good to go! I have some vintage license plates from the 1968-1977 era that I will sell if you need one.

Although I don't have a Datsun, I've been helping with a friend's 510 wagon project for a while, and I have a couple BMW 2002s, so I recognize the need for this product.

You can find them here along with more photos and information:

my website

or here on eBay:

eBay link

Tab+photo+for+Bluebmw.png?format=750w

IMG_7634.jpg?format=750w

• Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun. I'll leave this post up but only for questions and discussion of information use. I would ask that you start a for sale ad in our classified section http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/12-miscellaneous/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc and then post a link to it here.

Anyone wishing to ask questions other than buying post them here. If wanting to purchase follow the links.

• Like 1

Welcome to Ratsun. I'll leave this post up but only for questions and discussion of information use. I would ask that you start a for sale ad in our classified section http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/12-miscellaneous/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc and then post a link to it here.

Anyone wishing to ask questions other than buying post them here. If wanting to purchase follow the links.

Thanks for the welcome and help! I tried posting in the classifieds but I was denied access, maybe because it was my first post? Anyways, I'll create a FS ad there in short bit.

Very interesting. I've been wanting classic plates. 

Can you post a picture of a plate from 1971? What year range could I use to obtain one?

Is your car from 1971? If so, the plate is the classic white with green letters, specifically with embossed (vs stickered) WASHINGTON letters. These style plates were issued from 1968-1977. I have a 1971 and a few proper plates if you are interested.

Refer to this link for Washington plate types based on year produced.

It is cool, but the shitty thing is that the old plates are even more expensive than they were before because people can actually use them.

Think about it this way, buying a vintage plate and reproduction tab is still cheaper than one year's registration.

• Like 1

Does it have to be wa plates or can I find some hi plates like I want to and run them? Really need to get the truck reregistered anyways, been wanting classic plates, but I like the hi ones more than wa

What state are you registering the car in? If it's an WA, you need a WA plate for sure. I can't say for certain what the rules are in Hawaii, and I don't have any Hawaii tabs.

Can you print any registration number??   I have 66 tags but might buy another if you can match the same number i have already,,,, it probably doesn't matter BUT better safe than sorry if it is somehow written down in the basement of Wa state DOT somewheres. 

Are they as sticky and UV resistant as the originals or am i going to have to replace in 2 years?? 

Can you print any registration number??   I have 66 tags but might buy another if you can match the same number i have already,,,, it probably doesn't matter BUT better safe than sorry if it is somehow written down in the basement of Wa state DOT somewheres. 

Are they as sticky and UV resistant as the originals or am i going to have to replace in 2 years?? 

Technically I could print any registration number, but it's not going to be cost effective. So unless you're willing to buy 10 of them, I will be losing money on the design.

They are plenty sticky! They are coated in a UV protectant layer, although if exposed to direct sunlight for 5+ years they may start to fade according to the manufacturer. But since when do we have that much sun in Washington? If they fade prematurely I'd be happy to send replacements!

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI.

You do not need tabs to run correct era plates in WA State. I run collector correct era plates and was told by the Department of Licensing to remove all stickers from the plates. If you have a sticker expect to get an expired tabs ticket. As it is you will get stopped without the sticker and you will have to educate the officer that pulled you over. I have had to do this a couple times, not a big deal once they contact the Department of Licensing and get straightened out. 

You are issued a collector vehicle registration with a * registration number by the state. This is basically the same as running a standard collector plate only the numbers will match on those. I run a couple of these as well. 

You also only need to run one plate, same as the regular collector plate. I saved the old front plate to use on another truck. 

• Like 2

Just an FYI.

You do not need tabs to run correct era plates in WA State. I run collector correct era plates and was told by the Department of Licensing to remove all stickers from the plates. If you have a sticker expect to get an expired tabs ticket. As it is you will get stopped without the sticker and you will have to educate the officer that pulled you over. I have had to do this a couple times, not a big deal once they contact the Department of Licensing and get straightened out. 

You are issued a collector vehicle registration with a * registration number by the state. This is basically the same as running a standard collector plate only the numbers will match on those. I run a couple of these as well. 

You also only need to run one plate, same as the regular collector plate. I saved the old front plate to use on another truck. 

Thanks for the info! I have changed the ad on other forums, but forgot to change it here. My local DMV was mistaken with their sticker laws when I first inquired, turns out they are not required. Upon further research they are just an option to enhance your cars "cool factor". 

• 1 month later...