1975 620 in Tijuana

Leche

I was thinking about doing something like that with my dash. However, it looks like your upholstery guy used a fairly thick vinyl, which may make it harder when you try to put everything back together.

What's going on with the seat frame? I see some of the old rusty parts, plus some newer black parts. Did you paint some of it, or did you wire in some new springs? 

• Like 2
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really good! This truck just keeps getting better every day.

Thank you my friend, I'm trying to work on it a little every day, it's the only way it will ever get done.

I was thinking about doing something like that with my dash. However, it looks like your upholstery guy used a fairly thick vinyl, which may make it harder when you try to put everything back together.

What's going on with the seat frame? I see some of the old rusty parts, plus some newer black parts. Did you paint some of it, or did you wire in some new springs?

I know, that's why I am not entirely pleased with it, I'm putting everything on the dash back together today. I did trial fit the vents and the cluster and everything seemed to fit ok. I looked at an Alcantara type material also which was thinner but it wouldn't mold as well as the vinyl and would require more seams. It's just tough to get these dashes to original style condition.

I still haven't done anything to the seat frame, I need to fix some damage to it first before I paint it. Those springs that are black actually look brand new but the frame underneath had some surface rust. I'll throw some pics up after I start fixing and painting it for ya.

• Like 3

Que chingona le esta quedando la 620! Can't wait to see it finished.

Gracias hermano! I'm going to push to get most of it done next week except for the upholstery.

Today I finished most of the dash install, got the harness put in and the stereo. The stereo isn't hooked up yet but should be soon.

20160930_192123_zpslswwmmnb.jpg

20160930_161913_zpseohi8i4a.jpg

• Like 2

Looking great.  The top metal on the dash would be easier on your eyes in the sun a matte black.

Hey Charlie thanks my friend, the gray paint is actually matte so that it wouldn't blind me jajaja. If it's too bright I'm going to have to paint it black like you suggested but hopefully it will be ok.

No chinges esta pero perrona !

How much would you charge me for a paint job ?

Man if I still had my shop I would definitely give you a price but there's no way for me to be doing this much work here at the house. Thanks for the compliment bro.

• Like 1

So here's a rundown of what I accomplished today, first I did the shifter mod with the door bushings. I cut a slit in them with the hacksaw and they went in easily.

20161001_103503_zpslfppbn3x.jpg

Next my buddies and me got the transmission bolted to the engine.

20161001_110027_zpstw9fi7bm.jpg

20161001_111735_zpszlw3llbg.jpg

• Like 2

looking leche!

Thanks buddy!

So fresh and so clean.

LOL this sounds like a comercial but I like it, thanks mcordero8

God damn !

Sweet bro!

This has been a great adventure. Looks really good. I'm glad you kept the side markers on.

You're right it has been an adventure, my first Datsun ever. I tried not to make any permanent changes to the truck. Anything that isn't stock can be changed back at any time.

que rico. I'm liking where you are going with this. The dash looks fantastic. Is that a real murcielago rear end there? or just a different car

Thanks bro, the dash is growing on me the more I put it together. Good eye on that rear end, just another one of my projects I'm also working on.
  • Like 1

Loving the truck man, beautiful color

Thanks buddy!

I'm really liking the front lip. Where did purchase that one from? Amazing build!

I'm glad you're liking it. I purchased the front lip on Ebay for about $35.00 and it's from a 1969 Camaro

• Like 1

So had a setback on Friday after installing the engine, I was getting ready to get it running that day and after filling the cooling system I noticed a small leak on the head gasket :poop:. Well at first I thought the machine shop had messed up so I took the head off again. I checked it but it was perfectly straight, then I checked the block and noticed that it was warped in a small area. Out came the engine again and I had to tear it all the way down to take it to the machine shop.

Got it to the machine shop on Saturday and they said it would be ready on Tuesday. Got all my new gaskets again, yesterday so I should be ready to go and get to assembling the engine this week. At least I’m getting good at this engine installing and removal stuff jajajaja. Here are some pictures of the teardown.

20161008_110426_zpsnqeg0ojb.jpg

20161008_110417_zpsglpxnemg.jpg

20161008_110406_zpsk2roezft.jpg

20161008_110443_zps8bdg5dla.jpg

• Like 2

Since I couldn’t really do anything to get the truck running this weekend because the engine block went to the machine shop I decided to make the rack for the amp with some wood I had lying around. I’m going to fit it behind the seat.

20161008_143330_zpsan0ueuov.jpg

20161008_143309_zps2fcsoq4p.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Been lagging on the updates, sorry guys. The engine is completely rebuilt and back in the truck without too much trouble. After the engine was done I had to install the brakes.

20161021_180024_zpseaekserf.jpg

20161021_180234_zpspgda1dxb.jpg

After that I was dying to take it out so I drove it to the gas station to get a full tank of gas. I don't have the windshield installed yet because I haven't got the headliner installed yet.

IMG-20161101-WA0003_zpsnskngfhc.jpg

• Like 4

And I finally found a decent guy to do the upholstery! It's not the best job but he was cheap and fast. I took him the bare seat frame yesterday evening and it was ready today at 3:00 p.m. He works fast and it was only $130.00 to get it done. Friday I'm going back for him to do the headliner.

20161102_153311_zpswi6gbjux.jpg

20161102_154840_zpshe91xnn5.jpg

• Like 4