1975 620 in Tijuana

Leche

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you mcordero8 and Charlie69, appreciate the kind words. I’m anxious to get it put together soon and running. The only thing that might hold me back a bit will be the upholstery, need to find a good place that can do it fast. I don’t want to leave the truck with them for too long.

• Like 1

Since I am going to run a Weber 32/36 carburetor and I had to make a block off plate for the EGR system. I went to the local metal supply and got a 3/4” plate of aluminum that I cut and shaped to size. On the end I drilled a channel and tapped the end so I can screw the PCV valve. Then I drilled two holes into the channel from the side to match the existing holes in the intake manifold.

20160911_184815_zpsa75vhqma.jpg

20160911_184830_zpsjoyb7myt.jpg

• Like 2

Went to the store and got some nice screws to install it. I was also able to use the hose that I already had but had to cut the end off it since the PCV valve was in a different position. Here’s some pics with the block off plate on and the Weber carburetor.

20160911_190002_zps55baygch.jpg

20160911_185118_zps6xbiggis.jpg

20160911_185107_zpseaxdqeod.jpg

• Like 2

Wow thank you Lockleaf and Racerx, I looked over all the posts of how people have been making these block off plates to come up with one that worked for me. I like the way it came out and hopefully it will give other members some idea of how to make theirs, which is actually very simple. All you really need is a way to cut the aluminum plate, a drill bit, file and a tap.

Oh and I forgot to post the pictures of the paint in progress, going to leave work early today to go and paint the rest of the parts.

20160910_095722_zps9evsbwzb.jpg

20160910_095716_zpscguhczdj.jpg

20160910_095646_zps2ojigeuy.jpg

20160910_095546_zpsdv8gpvum.jpg

• Like 1
B)

:thumbup:jefe looking good

Thank you brother! :thumbup:

Looking good! More than likely cheaper to do interior there

Thanks, I’m still looking for a shop here in Tijuana and it’s definitely a lot cheaper. I know a couple of guys with a shop in San Diego and they do amazing work on boats and cars but it’s a hassle to get things back and forth across the border.

Nice work on the PCV plate. Is body and paint your trade? Looks great!

Yes I have been doing auto body work since I was 17 so it’s been a while jajaja. I used to own a shop here in TJ but now I just rent it out. I work on cars because I love them and I enjoy it very much. Thanks bud for the kind words. I read a post that you had some eye surgery, hope everything turned out well for you brother!

Great thread, excellent work, I'm loving it!

Can't wait for end result :thumbup:

Thanks man, I’m bringing the car back home tomorrow from my friends shop, so now the fun part of putting the truck back together begins! B)

I bet he paints it purple! LOL

Jajajaja :rofl: no purple for me, although a good friend of mine did suggest I paint it that color, he’s a huge Minnesota Vikings fan.

• Like 2

Thank you eyes are doing great for an old guy. 

Body work  is not my thing, I hammer it out as good as I can, skim a coat of mud on it sand, more mud and sand it and it seems after I sand it I have made it rougher than before I coated it.  It is a loosing battle for me when I get sand paper in my hands.

• Like 1

Body work  is not my thing, I hammer it out as good as I can, skim a coat of mud on it sand, more mud and sand it and it seems after I sand it I have made it rougher than before I coated it.  It is a loosing battle for me when I get sand paper in my hands.

Right there with you Charlie... I float it about 10 times and then give up..

• Like 1

Glad everything turned out well buddy. Body work isn't my thing either so I have my friend help me out with the big stuff and then I do all the finishing touches.

Right there with you Charlie... I float it about 10 times and then give up..

It can be frustrating when you can't get it straight but I usually primer it when I have that problem. This usually helps me see where it's high or low.

Well today I towed the truck back home and finished painting all the parts. I'm going to start color sanding on Friday, just need to go and buy sandpaper.

20160914_181634_zpsadmuafhp.jpg

20160914_182614_zpsaohp3j0t.jpg

• Like 2