whats up with Oregon!

So, really. All goats, a deserts aside...

I think Oregon and Washington are really good places to live. I've heard good things about them and when I check on CL for cars, they really have what I like, for cheap! They're both states I'd consider moving to, myself. I like their weather.

:-D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved to Oregon from Michigan 4 years ago and it was the best choice I've made. Obviously anywhere west is better than the Midwest, but Oregon is pretty awesome. I live in Eugene and I rarely see tweakers, that's mainly Portland, and in my opinion Portland is a terrible place to live. Bend is another really cool spot, although you have to deal with snow in the winter out there. In the valley it rains in the winter, but once you're used to going about your normal day with rain it doesn't even phase you.

So move to Oregon, just stay away from Portland unless you like sitting in traffic at all hours of the day with every back way just as packed.

Plus there's always at least 20+ Datsun's on Craigslist within a 2 hr drive...

• Like 4

Wait... Ashland has sales tax? wtf?

This tax was established in 1990 and is one of the few voter approved sales tax in Oregon. A five percent tax is collected on all prepared food sold in Ashland. One percent is used to purchase open space for parks and four percent is used to offset the costs associated with the building of the new wastewater treatment plant. It was renewed and extended by electors in 2009. The tax expires on December 31st, 2030.

lol.. Do all the retards live in Ashland? Or are they just that good at rigging the votes?

• Like 2

In Seattle Metro area if you don't ride a bike to work you are considered evil and will be punished.

There are exceptions for 2 in a Prius or a group of 3 or more LGBT in a Subaru

With double the number of dogs in the back, and they only drive outbacks and foresters.

• Like 1

Southern coast up to central coast of oregon. But tweeters r everywhere. Been up as far as winchester bay. Ppl r friendly,coast is beautiful. But not much of anything to do. My parents live in crescent city in cali,which is much like oregon but without any of the pit falls there.

Middle of Or is hot and just like cali in my opinion.

I grew up on the Washington coast,,,,,,,  everything you own will be rusty as hell,, and there is nothing short of heated (year round) garage to stop it,,,  don't do it.   Keep to the I5 corridor that's where the most jobs are,,,  weather has seasons ,, no salt air and longer hotter summers.

• Like 1

No, problem is migrants from California vote up here the same way they used to down there, idiocy spreading like cancer! Just look at the state of California politics, ruled by one fashion with no checks and balances, SORRY that's NOT democracy.....

It's funny how most people move to change or have a better life. YET, they don't change their ways. Lol

• Like 2

Was just there last weekend. Might be making the move. Have some family getting pretty old and they need more help. So were thinking of moving to help them. May have to go cruising.

That is about 35% of the reason for a move out here. 

I bitch and moan about it at times, but it ain't bad.