Muffler for stock size exhaust system

qwik510

So my 77 King Cab needs a new exhaust system. I'm trying to keep the truck stock.

I have a brand new front pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold back to the front of the muffler. I have been looking for a stock muffler and tail pipe but not having any luck.

Any recommendations for a muffler that will fit in place of the original? I'm sure the exhaust shop can bend up a new tail pipe.

Pic for attention.

a26987c12d3401fd46983c36b4707598_zpsqmmg

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need is something that will fit. It's a truck so there should be lots of room. If you find one, but inches too long, just shorten your pipe. Oval or round, don't matter. The one on my 620 I pulled out of a Midas dumpster. Brand new but they screwed up the install and chucked it.

Hope you find someone who can help, I'm just hijacking your post! Where did you get your downpipe from? I've been trying to find one as noticed you mentioned having a brand new one. Thanks to

The front pipe came with the truck when I bought it. You can see it in the bed in this picture. We had just pulled it out of the barn.

49CADE9E-8060-43BB-921A-BA8C75A6A986_zps

Nice exhaust build. I'm going to measure the stock muffler and then check out the walker website. I think I will order a muffler and take it to the exhaust shop. Let them mount it all and make me a new tail pipe.

Thanks for the info.

David