1975 710 4 door sedan

Had to move and didn't think I could keep it where I would be living,but turns out I get to keep it and store it in safe place,and have required a 427 from bill and I have a straight axle layin around,and I acquired some 4 lug slicks for back,so tubbing and shortening of rear end will be happening,I'm going to go different route and make a gasser out of it

Uh.... an H-165 shortened or otherwise isn't going to handle over 2.5 liters, 3 at the most. Shorten a Hardbody or Pathfinder H233 with LSD. They only came in 4.375 and 4.625. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with the earlier Pathfinder/Hardbody. They had a higher 200 ft lb? breakaway torque on the LSDs. Much later ones were laughably less. I imagine soccer moms didn't like the the little 'chirps' from driving them around town so Nissan lowered the number of clutches and discs.

Where are you pulling that info from Mike? That interests me, since the later H233s are beefed up in a number of ways over the early ones, but if they have a suckier LSD, the best version might be a hybrid build.

I had it bookmarked but it's now gone. It showed how to add clutches and spacers to the LSD clutch pack to increase the breakaway torque. Early, it was said, was nearly 200 ft lbs and some of the later were 30? They had a large vise and long arm on a wrench and measured the pull needed to break the LSD grip. 

I did save these two pictures...

diffPathfinderLSDclutchpack10Large.jpg

diffX-TerraandearlyPathclutchpacks.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...