Datsun Billet Group buy interest?

Mattndew76

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm confused as to why one would bag on innovation...

If you are refering to me giving my many,, many years of working in and around many sizes of roller chain type, bearing chain sprocket idler pulleys of every size conceivable ,, i'm not talking manure spreaders............ Well i ask you this,.... Why has no major auto manufacturer ( with their trillions of dollars in R&D and zillions of test miles)  use a bearing chain sprockets on their major timimg chains and opt for rubbing blocks??? Or even most motorcycles ever ,, on their main drive chain ,???

Answer ,,, i already stated it in my earlier post.

Bagging would be me saying i don't like it with no prior experiance to back my statement up,,,,,,,,,,,, i was stating fact that i have seen in person and re-engineered stress points to alieve stress and slightly improve bearing life.   and just labeling something "off road only"  that is going to be a detriment to the running of a car if it suddenly fails,,,,,,,,,,,,, does not change the fact that I still think it is a bad idea to use one in your engine in my OPINION.

If your not talking about me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well there you go.

:rofl:

If Mattendew didn't want opinions he should have just made them,,  labeled them off road only,  and sold them,,  but he put this in discussions,,, so i gave my .03 cents      Do what you want .

• Like 3

Perhaps modify it with a friction bearing and an oil passage. *

<---  Royalties can be sent this way.

*User does not have background in automotive or mechanical engineering and should not be taken seriously, unless said ideas prove to be valid.

• Like 1

I will say that bearing grades have a huge to do with failure

I agree with you Nanners, but some items are not meant for daily grind. Just because it is labeled for race use only doesn't mean its intent is to skirt quality or lack of proper engineering. It just means more attention to the motor on a daily or per engine use is needed. 

your assessment of the roller system being not in use may be a little off base. Most modern motors on the road now actually employ a roller or idler pulley for the Kevlar belts or chains for a timing system. Majority is a HTD Kevlar belt. But in those systems is a bearing or bearings that have the ability to withstand 40,000 RPM on a daily basis.

Can this be added to an L motor. By all means yes and would have durability to boot. 

timing%20belt.JPG

97936d1273109152-1993-mustang-4-cylinder

hqdefault.jpg

Usually friction slides have to be added due to angle tension and economics. far easier to produce a friction slide than a roller system. 

The bottom image is a motor that employs both a friction slide and a roller. 

valve_train.jpg

Here is  OS Giken with a an all bearings roller gear setup.

OSG-31_0UqC_0.jpg

pcw_2154.jpg?w=750&h=500

Perhaps modify it with a friction bearing and an oil passage. *

<---  Royalties can be sent this way.

*User does not have background in automotive or mechanical engineering and should not be taken seriously, unless said ideas prove to be valid.

Love the small print.

Kameari thought of it too.

85D6EF52-8A54-4D7E-A929-7B0B67FA196F.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im hunting for these

strut-top-spherical-bearing-detail.jpg

McMaster-Carr, and just about any bearing supply.

Called a spherical bearing.

How is the chain tensioner project coming?

Do you know Kamari makes like 3 versions of theirs to fit different inspection cover locations in the head.

I have 2 styles.

God I hope I have the correct one for my head.......

The difference is in the location of the top sprocket on it's slide.

• Like 1