Datsun mechanic in socal

Fred1615

Hello

I just bought a 1970 wagon and want to find a good place to take her for so much needed attention.

The engine runs great but the front end and suspension are pretty bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Fred h

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is that. Owning a vintage auto requires some maintenance. Most are well used and parts like your suspension are getting worn. A garage will bleed you dry unless you have lots of money. It's also good to know more about the car and what you want to pay to have done than the mechanic doing the work. In the majority of cases, owners enjoy working on them with their own hands. I realize that not all owners are this way although they might like to be.

A factory service manual (FSM) for your year is worth having for references.

Keep in mind some people simply don't have anywhere to work on a car. Apartments and Condo's and HOA's often don't allow it.

That being said... It would be much cheaper to do the work yourself. Lots of good info on this site and lots of helpful people.

• Like 1

Keep in mind some people simply don't have anywhere to work on a car. Apartments and Condo's and HOA's often don't allow it.

That being said... It would be much cheaper to do the work yourself. Lots of good info on this site and lots of helpful people.

Note to OP, even guys that come off sounding like dicks are usually very helpful...cuz Datsun. I've gotten good advice and offers to help, good deals from many ratsuners.

• 3 weeks later...