To cut or not to cut? Looking for opinions guys!

Dream510

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man those are nice!!  You must have paid a ton for those...  Make the car your own and cut that sucker

Won't you have to straighten that panel first,,, or did you already do that??  Cuz that  part of that car that was pretty wavy gravy back there.

Hey guys, I have a nice pair of mexican tail lights for my 510! I'm looking for peoples opinions on cutting the tail light panel to make them fit.

Here's a pic of the lights

47218200-9B9E-4C14-A8DD-E8A0907C9231_zps

If those are for a 510, sure. No different than putting a JDM grill or badges on. If for some other Nissan I wouldn't.

Thanks for all your opinions guys!

The panel is pretty wavy gravy so I'd have to fix that later on

I was thinking of making my own panel like McShagger510 did on on his green dime. It looks pretty nice too.

Is there any way for the original lights to fit back on there with out any welding or getting a new panel from futo fab?

Don't let these guys scare you man,,, they are always sending out negative waves..  QTip has a set of these on his yellow 510 and i can't imagine him ever wanting to switch back to boring stock lights cuz that would be a ridiculous thing to do.. 

Just take your time and measure a thousand times or make a very accurate cardboard template  if you have to so the hole ends up the right size.. and your golden.   

• Like 2

OK so when I did mine, only the very outside studs are correct. If you have a gasket for them the use that as a template for the hole pattern you need it put in and for how much of the center you need to cut out. If you don't have a gasket then you going to have to measure each hole placement or make a patter with cardboard or paper, I had no gasket, it was a bitch.

Finished product will look like this-ish

IMG958457_zps5ffb452a.jpg

• Like 1