New to the forum

DogoX

Hello guys, 

just want to share a few pictures of my Deluxe.  Car was parked for the last 12yrs decide to purchase and do a engine swap to a Mazda Rotary engine.  after months of back and forth decide to leave it alone and fix the mechanical issue.

Need to source a good mechanic in the St. Louis, MO area.

20150420_190157_zpsmlspqr8q.jpg

20150420_190203_zpsukweqeyf.jpg

20150420_190214_zpscgplp9w6.jpg

20150420_190221_zpsf7pm4m9e.jpg

20150420_190229_zpsul5eu5hi.jpg

20150420_190245_zpsfbc3pyad.jpg

20150420_190301_zpsyyarmvff.jpg

20150420_190327_zpsdzlsdslj.jpg

20150420_190408_zps0r4cfb1p.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clean for a MO car.  Please don't plan to drive it during the winter.  If you do, I'll have to come beat you with a stick - I'll be out your way at Christmas as the inlaws are in Missouri.

jajaja

the plan is to get it restore.. just looking around for a good body shop to do metal work and a complete re spray.  I'm new to the St. Louis area, came here from Seal Beach, CA

welcome to swing by the house if you are around

I tried to start it up yesterday with no success... needs to get the carb clean to start, probably have a stuck or bended valve

Unlikely from just sitting. Check the valve lash first.

You need gas and spark to run an engine.

GAS

Look down the carb with engine off and pump the gas. You should see a strong squirt of fuel. Or look on the front of the carburetor. Gas should show on the glass front.

SPARK

Pull a plug wire off and place an old spark plug in the end and lay on a grounded surface. Crank engine over with the starter... you should see a spark jump across the gap.

jajaja

the plan is to get it restore.. just looking around for a good body shop to do metal work and a complete re spray.  I'm new to the St. Louis area, came here from Seal Beach, CA

Enjoying the culture shock yet?  Did you just move this year?  You know you'll get snow, sleet, and ice, right???  haha

Unlikely from just sitting. Check the valve lash first.

You need gas and spark to run an engine.

GAS

Look down the carb with engine off and pump the gas. You should see a strong squirt of fuel. Or look on the front of the carburetor. Gas should show on the glass front.

SPARK

Pull a plug wire off and place an old spark plug in the end and lay on a grounded surface. Crank engine over with the starter... you should see a spark jump across the gap.

Able to start the car. Took off the carb cover, ruff idle but..

If you take the 3rd spark plug wire off the engine doesn't change the idle, but will do is remove any other

Able to start the car. Took off the carb cover, ruff idle but..

If you take the 3rd spark plug wire off the engine doesn't change the idle, but will do is remove any other

Check the valve lash on #3 and then the rest. It may just be a tight valve that is not closing. You can also do a compression check on the engine, but only after trying the easy stuff..

Thanks, I spend the entire last night reading your restoration thread, I send you a message but if you still have the rear panels and willing to sell them let me know...

I need to get my dash fix... glad I can brouse and get you guys support

Really a nice clean car. The 2 Dr. Sedans are really rare now. Lots more Coupes survived. Finding parts for your car is difficult but not impossible. You need to check out Ebay Australia. Good luck.

• Like 1

Photobucket doesn't support video hosting, unfortunately. You'll need a youtube, or Vimeo account to post vids. If you have a video that's already on youtube, just copy the URL from  the bowser and paste it into the text field on your post.

• Like 1