Datsun 620

Hi everyone!

I picked up the 620 earlier this year as a gift for finishing college. I figured this might be the only time in my life I can spend recklessly so the truck has been going through a major overhaul!! 

1973 Datsun 620

- Wilwood disc brakes

- Wilwood brake master cylinder

- Wilwood proportion valve

- Riken Mesh wheels

2zqv1pf.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned both, a 521 for 8 years and a 620 for more than twice that. The 620 has a more pleasing look inside and out. More has been put into the aesthetic and it's ride more refined. The 521 is more utilitarian and 'all business' and you know you are driving a truck when in it. While both are tough little trucks, the 521 looks it. The 620 is the iron fist in a velvet glove. 

• Like 2

I've owned both, a 521 for 8 years and a 620 for more than twice that. The 620 has a more pleasing look inside and out. More has been put into the aesthetic and it's ride more refined. The 521 is more utilitarian and 'all business' and you know you are driving a truck when in it. While both are tough little trucks, the 521 looks it. The 620 is the iron fist in a velvet glove. 

Really just an aesthetics opinion.  Personally I hate the bulletside look, and the chiseled/pointed hood of the 620.

• Like 2

Really just an aesthetics opinion.  Personally I hate the bulletside look, and the chiseled/pointed hood of the 620.

And the fuckin plastic inside, also so there so dime a dozen. 521 was what only 5 year run and the 620 was 7 or 8 year run. Also Orande on the 620is so over done and shitty to look at. and man the Titan wheel look is so yesterday.

Nice truck though.lol

• Like 2

I agree with tank on the titans. And that on any vehicle including the titans. But personally I love my 620s. Just stunning g vehicles. Not to demerit the 520/521 because those are also good looking vehicles but man, the 620. Welcome to the crew kurtis, nice looking rig. Needs more lower though

• Like 1

And the fuckin plastic inside, also so there so dime a dozen. 521 was what only 5 year run and the 620 was 7 or 8 year run. Also Orande on the 620is so over done and shitty to look at. and man the Titan wheel look is so yesterday.

Nice truck though.lol

PL521.... 3 1/2 years, 620.... 9 1/2.

I tried to be fair and give both trucks their due. The 720 has better creature comforts than the 620. Big and little things that make it more comfortable, safer, easier, convenient and fun to drive. The 620 is the same over the 521. If the 521 were perfect then you wouldn't be putting disc brakes and 5 speeds in it... see where I'm going? Looks are just looks as an opinion is an opinion and by definition can't be wrong. The 521 is your plain Jane sister (no less loved for it) the 620 is the girl next door.

• Like 2

PL521.... 3 1/2 years, 620.... 9 1/2.

I tried to be fair and give both trucks their due. The 720 has better creature comforts than the 620. Big and little things that make it more comfortable, safer, easier, convenient and fun to drive. The 620 is the same over the 521. If the 521 were perfect then you wouldn't be putting disc brakes and 5 speeds in it... see where I'm going? Looks are just looks as an opinion is an opinion and by definition can't be wrong. The 521 is your plain Jane sister (no less loved for it) the 620 is the girl next door.

Looks are next to none.

• Like 1

If you were to take stock Datsun trucks and compare drivability,, the 720 would win in every single catagory ...... Every single one...

If in a contest where the sole criteria is standing around admiring how great you think your truck is while it's parked,, it wouldn't do as well.

• Like 3