over reaction or worried for nothing?

yellow510

i'm airing a grievance right now and not sure how to proceed:

i purchased an engine and trans from a respected senior member on the forums here. (I'll keep his name out for now out of respect for his rep here.)

the transaction occurred over a month ago. (around 6/22)

i (right now feeling stupidly) deposited the money to his account.

He claims to have put the engine and trans on a pallet and it was on its way.

I've repeatedly asked him for a pic or image of some sort of the shipping manifest so I can track it.

I've received excuses like: (paraphrased)

"I'm out of town on vacation.

"I'm out of town for my son's birthday."

"Work has been crazy busy."

"I gave the shipping company the wrong phone address/ph# for the receiving party."

I've texted him and called a few times over the last month and I want to believe him, but he has not given me much reason to believe him now.

I've asked for shipping info or my money back tonight.

I'm hoping I get a response soon because nothing has arrived as of today.

I'm frustrated beyond expletives right now.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest something like this 

a text or pm or whatever means of communication you two are using

hello buddy I have sent you complete payment for the motor and I have not received anything from you as of yet, I need a tracking number and some sort of proof or pic of the shipping , I have started a thread about this and have left your name out of it but if I dont get some positive info soon I will have no choice but to  put your name in the posting so others can be ware in the future 

Please let me know ASAP because up till now I have been very understanding and patient     yada yada yada 

something like this 

• Like 1

These things normally only ever work out when you put him on blast. 

true, but i'm still praying there are some decent guys on this forum...

And if it doesn't work out, the rest of us are still entertained. 

and that's why we're all here!

Wait, there are no respected members here :D

damn... this is headed south quickly.

I suggest something like this 

a text or pm or whatever means of communication you two are using

hello buddy I have sent you complete payment for the motor and I have not received anything from you as of yet, I need a tracking number and some sort of proof or pic of the shipping , I have started a thread about this and have left your name out of it but if I dont get some positive info soon I will have no choice but to  put your name in the posting so others can be ware in the future 

Please let me know ASAP because up till now I have been very understanding and patient     yada yada yada 

something like this 

tried that... waiting on his response for asap part.

Bro.. I said it's on the way. I shipped via Malaysian air.

i knew there was something fishy about shipping via Malaysian from Oregon!

(actually, you know him!)

Bro.. I said it's on the way. I shipped via Malaysian air.

Listen to what he/she just said and prepare to go ballistic or to go to  court if it doesn't show up!

P.S. If this is from Pendilton Oregon, why is the shipment through an Oriental [Malaysian] Airtline?  Something stinks about this interchange!

Listen to what he/she just said and prepare to go ballistic or to go to  court if it doesn't show up!

P.S. If this is from Pendilton Oregon, why is the shipment through an Oriental [Malaysian] Airtline?  Something stinks about this interchange!

nah, it was ground shipped. Draker was just messin...

• Like 1

My suggestion is to call him out by name. If it's who I think it is, this wouldn't be his first time and it seems that putting his name out there is the only way to get him to respond. Even then it takes some time, which really sucks. But he'll come around in the end, say he's sorry, yada, yada, yada and all will be forgiven by the majority because he's such a great guy.

• Like 1

... until the next time someone asks/complains, and this post is linked. Oregon really narrows it down.

Well it is holiday time and shit happens. However it would be best if the seller, or shipper, kept in communication with the buyer to prevent what is happening now. "Let the buyer beware".... protect yourself, and start proceedings to get your money back. The seller, for whatever reasons (perhaps beyond his control) can pay you back and keep the engine and transmission and try selling it again.

• Like 1

i got a response from him this morning saying that he's sick but he'll give me a call as soon as he feels better.

wtf? how open ended is that?!?! the lines of communication are still open, but it takes a while to get a response from him.

i've refrained from calling him out right now because, i'm sure he's got friends here who'll swear up and down that he's a pillar in this community and i'm just being a little b!#$&. But i dont think i'm being unreasonable nor have i asked for anything out of the ordinary. i've asked for tracking info and he can't even remember to send me a phone pic of the paperwork. that's what pisses me off the most.

i could show up at his doorstep i suppose... i have his address from his bank acct...

I'm calling it more BS, get your money back and look else where for your parts. Who ever it is, has had enough time to ship it. 

who da phuc is it ? 

if you don't want to mention his name, pm me it and I'll keep it a secret, promise, I will, really, I, will. 

• Like 1

Maybe he just hasn't had time to dig it out yet

article-2206547-151F73C8000005DC-798_634

• Like 4

Over a month and you keep getting excuses? Sucks. I know what that is like. It has happened to me more then once.

It is not easy to ship an engine but he shouldn't sell it if he can't ship it in a reasonable time.

No tracking info after repeated requests? Something sounds off here. Sounds like it hasn't even been shipped yet.

If he is a respected member here, he would not behave this way.

You should call him out and get one of his local friends to go by his house and Bitch Slap him.

• Like 2

Some people are just slow to get in gear, lazy if you will and find it 'hard to get around to. They make promises that they mean to keep but... it just slips and keeps slipping. Maybe they are ill but like I already said they can at least communicate with the buyer.... after all you did take their money. Lets say you mention 'his' name. His friends vouch for him. He now has to live up to his friends good opinion of him. Peer pressure also known as shaming.