Your moms aunt Flo's 411

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Where/when was that show? and was it in the events calendar? 

It was All Japanese Classic in North Vancouver BC ,, i didn't post cuz registration was open so late and closed within a few weeks cuz it was full.. There was tons of really rare weird Japanese cars at that show,, been going all 4 years of the "new" show... Was a Datsun only show till then 

Or the real reason is ,, i haven't been able to use the PC as much so it's almost impossible to make new threads ,, post pictures and such on Amazon Kindle.  AND one would need to get either a passport or EDL to cross border and most either can't get those or have a past that denies them entry ... 

We stopped in Arlington Costco for gas and hotdog but we didn't see you there ,,, what the hell man.. 

• Like 2

Oh,, it's put on by the 510realm guys they do an outstanding job with such a large show,,, they must have 20 plus volunteers ,, 250+ cars/trucks 

Big up to them,,  as i seen Byron(?) at end of day sitting in a chair,,  and he looked beat 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

So during the great smokey summer of 2020 me and sons went down to a Toyota celica meet-up. at a Target under PDX airport ,, then rolled over to a viewpoint out of Gresham(?) Sandy(?) Oregon  with a weird ass name...   Was supposed to have wife's "new" 1977 coupe go with us but rearend was howling like it was getting ready to send gears up through floorboards .. So it stayed home 

anyhoo 

US ,, leaving out of Napaville after gassing up 

ns2K2TC.jpg

UEAnZbS.jpg

1WcozYo.jpg

I am almost positive there is a large passenger jet in background in this shot 

j2HXkVg.jpg

fv4d0kw.jpg

leY2eY8.jpg

ZQ6WYdy.jpg

qE7yuT4.jpg

There was a bunch more newer celicas/ all-tracs and such but i'm not that into adding them 

Like i said not sure what this place was called but there is a short very spunky drive up to it and back down the other side. AA++ will trade again .. it's Very near freeway . I assume it is scenic view but i'm only about 150 feet away from them (or less) and it's murky as shit.  

Those motorbikes aren't supposed to be on that side of the barriers,, and apparently there is working video surveillance cameras on building,,  cuz that is Park Narc scolding them 

LvPlW5y.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
On 12/9/2020 at 5:39 AM, Z23T said:

That's Vista House in the Columbia Gorge. Without the smoke there are awesome views of the gorge.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=108

Yes that is it,, thank you ,, i honestly looked for it on map and couldn't find it to post....  With your help i found the other place We stopped at a place called Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint on the way ,.. I am definitely going back for a picnic type action , as it was pretty cool as it was right off the freeway .. 

• Like 1
On 12/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, Z23T said:

That's Vista House in the Columbia Gorge. Without the smoke there are awesome views of the gorge.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=108

Yep, I was out there for work about 6 or 7 years ago and stopped there, gorgeous view. As soon as I saw that photo I recognized the building. I also hiked up to a waterfall not too far away from that overlook (maybe a few miles east?). I don’t remember the name, it’s been a minute.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Tank. said:

Yep, I was out there for work about 6 or 7 years ago and stopped there, gorgeous view. As soon as I saw that photo I recognized the building. I also hiked up to a waterfall not too far away from that overlook (maybe a few miles east?). I don’t remember the name, it’s been a minute.

We went down to waterfall but the parking lot and path to it were blocked off by the government to keep us all safe,, so we could only just stop on road and BS ..

What was cool was,, the road to waterfall loops around that building and winds off ,, , which is cool as shit.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn’t work on the Flo but me and fucking Ted hung out over at Scalpum’s shed trying to figure out starting problem on his 521... Come to find out it was a battery cable that “looked” new but had internally corroded so had to much resistance to turn started..  kinda weird problem

anyways.. I don’t have any of truck or his 1200 he’s rebuilding,, but I do have one of him driving us to get burger and a cable.  

cuz it annoys him when we post his noggin   Lol

zilDHim.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would say back to my 411 but I aint doing shit to it cuz I’m lazy. 

But here’s a pic of my “new” forky lifter , lol 

IY57EBp.jpg

Hyster model.... Just the cutest little forklift eeeeveer 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 1/13/2021 at 4:48 PM, bananahamuck said:

I would say back to my 411 but I aint doing shit to it cuz I’m lazy. 

But here’s a pic of my “new” forky lifter , lol 

IY57EBp.jpg

Hyster model.... Just the cutest little forklift eeeeveer 

That takes me back. They were everywhere when I was a kid. My parents used to go to the big Sydney fruit/vegie markets every months and buy in bulk. Those things would be flying around everywhere like mesherschmits during the blitz! My mum would be grabbing us and pulling out the way. Crazy stuff!!! 😨 I can still remember the smell of the LPG fuel.

Who made them? Are they a Nissan thing with a different name?

• Like 1
On 1/15/2021 at 1:48 PM, slowlearner said:

That takes me back. They were everywhere when I was a kid. My parents used to go to the big Sydney fruit/vegie markets every months and buy in bulk. Those things would be flying around everywhere like mesherschmits during the blitz! My mum would be grabbing us and pulling out the way. Crazy stuff!!! 😨 I can still remember the smell of the LPG fuel.

Who made them? Are they a Nissan thing with a different name?

It is an industrial motor,  Continental engine..  just a generic flathead 4 type thing 

bought it way super cheap as it was single use type forks on it and they had updated many years ago and it was just kind of a thing they kept around ,, and it's pretty tiny for their operations now .. Those forks open up about 6 feet to pick up bales of hops (beer)  from the field trailer into storage warehouse.. Going to cut them off and use a carriage i have laying around .. Just trying to figure out how i can keep some of that assembly as it has side shift built into it,, and be cool to be able to keep that.. 

If you look at forks you can see that motorcycle chain has been welded on each one for more traction.

CjF3NpL.jpg

It's replacing this,, as i let my sister have it , to make it easier to sell the farm she inherited, and i knew more weirdos with cool junk to find another  . i bet This thing could easily lift my replacement,, haha .

I have a forklift this size but manual steering box broke and to lazy to adapt something in.   

pwlAVZd.jpg

Forklifts are like bulldozers, or a tractor with a backhoe,, everyone needs one,, even if you don't.  

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Clade said:

Awesome 411(s), giving me the drive to get mine this nice 😛

Thanks man..  

My PC keeps logging me out when i open multiple tabs so i can't link right now.... BUT ,, have you found the 411 section on here? 

Check out  jfBrinks(?) threads  he is doing some seriously dope stuff ..

If you are in Australia there is a dude i think name is ( handle eludes me but i think it's PEDRO)  that made front disc brake brackets out of rear brake sheet metal, and calipers from cars that are available over there.. As you might have already found out,  front drum brake hydraulics are pretty scarce .. he said something about  the certification won't except welded brackets like we use.  But he has pretty though parts list/description and DIY photos. 

look up "411 Canby or bust" ( project datto section)  shows you can bring these back from the edge of death..  

16 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Do want forklift...and somewhere to park it. lol

The rusty one in my front yard is Nissan powered.., maybe take it home and Ka swap it , and drive it to work in the summer. 

If neighbors give you shit.. Maybe they will wake up one morning with their 3/4 truck on the roof . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 4 months later...