620 kingpin question?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no exact pin or bushing diameter for the reasons below...

The clearance between the 620 king pin and the bushing is 0.0059" almost 6 thou.

The bushing inner diameter (when fitted) is 0.7878" to 0.7888". Naturally the bushing is pressed or driven into the knuckle so the diameter varies and the upper and lower alignment also.  It is intended to be reamed out to the proper alignment and clearance on the pin. In theory the pin is measured and the reamer set to be 0.0059" larger than the pin. 

• Like 1

I already have new kingpins but the machine shop pressed the bushings in wrong and messed up the first two so now i found some 620 bushings for cheap but they are non returnable will they fit in my 521? Inside and length match up so do the zerk holes. But I don't know the outside diameter is to see if that matches up.

• Like 1

Which two did they mess up......two in the same spindle?  or the same two, one each in a spindle?   On the 620, I'm pretty sure the kingpins are the same, but the upper bushings are a lot thicker.  I haven't looked specifically, but I think the bottom bushings are the same as the 521.   I'll be rebuilding a set of 620 kingpins within the next month, but I haven't looked at the kit closely yet.

• Like 1