Decent Shape 610s Hard to Find

studioceja

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uh yeah looks to be a great place to start and bonus even a '73

seems like you want an original, turnkey 610 coupe like your 710 4dr? not gonna happen...

I spoke with the guy, Sent me additional photos and tells me that he has all parts/trim and interior but its taken apart at the moment. The price seems right but check out the rust around the windshield, looks like holes throughout.

http://s189.photobucket.com/user/Studioceja1/embed/slideshow/1973%20Datsun%20610"

Auto are a better buy because it's impossible to drive the shit out of the car with one. Well, not impossible, but try it and you soon get tired of it and just drive it. Automatics..... the answer to preventing/avoiding 6K clutch dumps and drifter wannabees. Aside from the body, this car will be in better shape than a 4 speed car. The original buyer wasn't interested is having fun with this car and subsequent buyers probably saw it as cheap transportation, certainly not as a fun car. It's an empty canvas for you to paint on....

Meh. Rust hole above the windshields means glass gotta come out. Which means you'll need a replacement. Took me three months and $$$ for the front windshield. Maybe the 4dr front windshield might work if you have it cut down. But in not 100% sure on that. Since I probably picked up the only windshield in America. I'd pick that up only to sit on it and wait for another 610 to popup

Meh. Rust hole above the windshields means glass gotta come out. Which means you'll need a replacement. Took me three months and $$$ for the front windshield. Maybe the 4dr front windshield might work if you have it cut down. But in not 100% sure on that. Since I probably picked up the only windshield in America. I'd pick that up only to sit on it and wait for another 610 to popup

Who said there was a hole? Might be might not be, either way it's in the metal channel and repairable. Does not require a new windshield for this. Micro the 610s are glued in aren't they? like the 710s?

My 710 had several holes but only the top pass side actually leaked. Welded up, painted and the glass glued in... like new. The chrome trim used Camaro clips to hold them.

Who said there was a hole? Might be might not be, either way it's in the metal channel and repairable. Does not require a new windshield for this. Micro the 610s are glued in aren't they? like the 710s?

My 710 had several holes but only the top pass side actually leaked. Welded up, painted and the glass glued in... like new. The chrome trim used Camaro clips to hold them.

Yes, the 610 windshields and back windows are glued in.

• Like 1