Another 620 for Rick Rat

Yes 521's are ergonomically incorrect for me, ( too fucking fat), said that so you wouldn't have to.

All the early Datsun trucks, 320's, 520, 1200 Utes, 521's and regular cab 620's too. I am not fat and not too tall (5'11" @ 185) but I don't want to feel like a sardine when I drive. I had a 521 and a reg cab 620 last year. Both felt small to me. The 620 KC is just so much better ergonomically. The seats recline and it just feels better.

Glad you didn't feel pressured into keeping the 521 because of the raffle and the build. Ultimately, you should be driving what feels good to you.

• Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other is for my wife's use. Got rotten carpet and passenger seat with rat included, removed, along with drivers sear. Got frontier seats to put in. Checked truck out, floorboards are great small amount of surface rust. The truck is mechanically sound and put my wheels on. Wife will take care of pictures when she gets back. Lots of surface rust on the body, some scraping and primer and call it good.

Yes 521's are ergonomically incorrect for me, ( too fucking fat), said that so you wouldn't have to.

festively plump cartman !!!!!     I

• Like 1

You're not alone in the department of ergonomically incorrect.  Brody has a love-hate relationship with my 521.  He can't see the upper half of the cluster, and hits his head often on the roof over bumps in the road if he's not paying attention to duck a little.  He looks like Mr Incredible in his itty-bitty car when he drives it.  It was made for shorter, stumpier folk like me :) 

Glad to see you're back and in another 620 KC that you can love again. :thumbup:  

• Like 3

Hope to see rick-rat and his better half, plus his new 620 kingcab at the Williams run event in October

Had a setback on my surgery, won't have enough strength built up in time to make the drive > just got back home again from hosp. Had surgery on the 1st, sent home on the 5th. Lung collapsed on the 6th, was sent to nearest hosp and put in a coma to get breathing tubes in and stabilized. still have lots of swelling and will probably take a couple weeks for the air to be reabsorbed by the rest of my body. Lungs seem to have resealed so should not have that problem again. Get to work on the truck in a couple weeks
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a setback on my surgery, won't have enough strength built up in time to make the drive > just got back home again from hosp. Had surgery on the 1st, sent home on the 5th. Lung collapsed on the 6th, was sent to nearest hosp and put in a coma to get breathing tubes in and stabilized. still have lots of swelling and will probably take a couple weeks for the air to be reabsorbed by the rest of my body. Lungs seem to have resealed so should not have that problem again. Get to work on the truck in a couple weeks

Thats okay buddy, whatever it takes. Remember, Ratsun will always stand tall and step up when needed. Hope you start feeling better.                  

Lance

t

• 4 months later...

Top pics, when I got it

lower pics, as it sits now

Rattle can carport paint job

I am not a body guy, but had some rust issues to take care of, still looks like a Ratsun, I like it better now that the bubbling paint and lots of the rust is gone

Looks like a very ugly job, but I did it all myself, so I'm very happy

• Like 2