Pacific NW Nissan 240SX, L28 triple weber - Mhub's build and stuff!

Here it is!

My 1989 240sx coupe... Picked this and an RB20 for a deal. Sold the RB and nearly made all my money back! (RB was missing way too many parts to even be worth beginning to build.....)

Was a complete car a few years back, was media blasted to prep for body work and paint but friend lost interest. 

I purchased this to learn some DIY auto-body repair. I purchased the coupe in pretty rough condition, considering BOTH quarter panels were smashed, patched, and replaced.

It is at least 3-4 cars welded together. Some repairs were done professionally .... others were of Russian chop-shop quality.

I did not perform any quarter replacement / welds. Those were done previous of me purchasing it. 

Sold RB20 for $$$ to fund some supplies, tools, and these usable metal Silvia bumpers!

Kji9fp2.jpg

After a few beers and too many hours spent on bondo, I decided to throw my shortblock L20b in just for shits and giggles.

To my surprise, it fits -- kind of..?

0XFRJs3.jpg

k8Ht5Zl.jpg

oJZCVpa.jpg

8g3gYEV.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no problem with that.  You can make the L have the same hp as the KA24DE did stock.  A little tweaking and it'll do pretty good.  Given the engine bay, I'd use the 6 cylinder L because of more power potential, but it's also heavier.  Now, turbo that L series, and you have a winner!  And possibly even slightly better weight balance?

This is an old L20.

PLENTY of room lol!!!!

It looks so empty in there!

Already taken it out. Just some after-work-fuckery.

Although, I am seriously consider 2 things.... First is i6 L series. I would go carb'd, though. EFI L series is not my thing

Possibly draw through turbo LZ.

That would be cool as fuck!