1972 Datsun 1600 Truck

happygolucky

Hi all,

I have a 1972 Datsun 1600 pickup truckarrow-10x10.png with 65,000 miles on it.  It is in rough shape as it has been sitting in an old garage with no door on it for the past 20 years.  It needs new brakes, tires and has had some minor patch up work done from a small fender bender in the front.

My question is, does anyone know what this truck would be worth.  Although it is not in the best shape, I just want to check and see if it is worth anything as a collector item before I sell it.  Original color is a light mint green color.

Thanks so much.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much I'm afraid. Even if you got it or gave away for free it would be a huge investment to put it back on the road. The odometer only goes to 99,999 so that 65,000 is likely 165,000. Likely it is only worth it as a parts truck for doors, dash, lenses and knobs maybe the windshield. The other concern is your location. You would have to find someone local to take it and not want to tow it to Edmonton.

I believe member Z Chopper ... http://community.ratsun.net/user/8587-z-chopper/?tab=reputation&app_tab=forums&type=received   likes 52s and resides in Lethbridge. Send him a private message. Maybe he can shed some light on the local market.

Welcome to Ratusn happy.

most of the 521s I have heard of in Alberta are in Red Deer area, though there are a couple in southern alberta.

1) a. Does it turn over?

b. Does it start up?

c. Will it continue to run with out constant coaching?

2) a. How are the floorboards?

b. How is the rust issue?

c. Any dents that need repair?

No; blame oil. Wherever rich people thrive thanks to oil, there will be greed...

Mostly its because of people trying to make some coin that the Datsun scene has gone up in price over the years...

yup so very true a $600 a month rent apartment in southern Alberta rises to $1,000+ the closer to the oil fields or in Jasper or Banff