NAPA can suck it.....

Ordered two front wheel grease seals from NAPA a week ago. They found two, $6 each in Ontario plus shipping. I finally go to get them and it's $28 and tax. I had a melt down right there in the store. I said there was shipping but I didn't say to air freight them can't you just drop them in the mail???. The guy says they came all the way from Ontario. I said they came all the way from Taiwan and sell for profit at $6 so now, they are magically $14 each? You guys should supply parts at a reasonable price and be thankful people come back. He said maybe they should keep them, I said no shit and walked.

Matt how does this work at your store? Customer want's something and you find it out of state say Detroit. Two small 3" square boxes about 1" thick total. Very light hard to tell there's anything in them. In fact '84 Maxima front wheel inner grease seals. #40232-N7100 also used on both the '83-'86 S12 (CA20) and 300zx

• Like 3
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, send Mike some grease seals, gratis!!

I would expect $7.50 USD for shipping from one of my warehouses. Could be more if direct from a supplier, though. Sometimes they have service charges.

I would have informed you of the exact shipping charge, up front.

• Like 2

I'm with you man,, here's a picture of the front cover seal "kit" those fucks sell.. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All i got was,,, "har har you have to order the oil pump gasket separately" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  yeah i should have known that before i ordered it,  even though the less expensive Felpro ones at Oreillys INCLUDE THEM!!

• Like 1

Curious what the shipping or how much to mail would be to Courtenay BC V9N-1J3. (just a random postal code one of several hundred) 

Shipping must be nuts today. I sent a L series flex plate to LasVegas for $12 ten years ago.

Going to try Hartman's tomorrow. Dealer was 6-8 weeks so probably from Japan.

You dont send to much mail do you Mike?

We have some the highest shipping costs period.

Gotta pay if you wanna play :rofl:

Not much. Refuse to pay their game lou.

I'm sorry Mike, but I can't entertain any fuck my life threads today.....:)  Looks like you need a 17909 seal.  I have two in the warehouse.  I have two in my garage.  Hell, I'm pretty sure I had two in my bag of tricks at Canby, why didn't you get them from me then? :D

Freight is a bitch.  With the rise in fuel prices, there has been a cost increase in freight.  But those two small seals from even the East Coast would have been at the most $12 freight.  However, if someone doesn't order them right or has to order them from two separate places, then yes, there are two freight charges for $12, which of course would be more than the cost of the part by a long shot.

Typically we try to recover at least 80% of freight cost.  100% is great, but a lot of times that doesn't happen.  And a lot of times I eat freight when it's our bad or I need to to keep my customers happy.  That said, hell yeah I still charge freight, but we let people know the cost right up front.  Simple as calling our special order department and getting a P & A, or hopping online and doing a rough calculation on the UPS website.

Sounds like your local NAPA either has some newbie employees or they suck at customer service.  Fortunately for you, even though I'm having a fuck my life kind of day, I'll still get you some seals.  I'll even stick a big 'ol Cheney NAPA sticker on them and you can wave them in front of your NAPA store.  :D

The Nissan number doesn't cross for me, I see the correct seal as being 17909, let me know if that jives with your dimensions.  And shoot me a pm with your address so I can calculate shipping.

• Like 2

I was told there was a shipping charge but assumed wrongly that it would be $5 or something. My bad for ass uming but I did get to unload. This could have been prevented by paying in advance, I'm fine with that. 

Hey Mike, I hate to say it, but I think it's Canada, eh?  I just calculated, and no joke, shipping a 1 pound box from Cheney to your postal code is 30 frickin' dollars!  That's ground UPS.  WTF?  I would assume there's some duty or something, but damn, that's just ridiculous.

• Like 1