SoCal Datsun Shops

This is my first post so please let me know if there is already a thread for this topic or if this topic should be posted elsewhere. 

I have a 1971 510 sitting in the garage waiting for a new engine and transmission. The L16 and stock auto are still in there but will be taken out soon. I have a rebuilt L20B and a rebuilt 280zx 5 speed, both from Datsun Parts LLC. Also I have almost all the parts needed to do the swap. I won't have the time to put the new engine and trans into the car on my own, so I'm looking for a reliable shop that will put the engine in and make everything run perfectly for me. I live in Southern California, if anyone has recommendations of some local shops, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I've found a shop very close-by that seems to be what im looking for, I will make a post on their service after all work has been done. Thanks for the help. Also, ive made a mistake and the transmission is not from a 280zx or from datsun parts llc, but from a 260z.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to have that motor and tranny checked out first. There has been some question of how well their work is. There's been some upset people in the community and threads on it. Good luck in everything

thanks for the heads-up, ill make sure to do that.

Southern Californis is a pretty big area, you might want to be a bit more specific. Gwan from TRS in Venice is a great guy and knows it all...it might be considered Marina Del Rey.

I couldnt find that shop but ive called around my area and found a shop that i think will do me well. thankyou anyways.

Might want to have that motor and tranny checked out first. There has been some question of how well their work is. There's been some upset people in the community and threads on it. Good luck in everything

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66882-dont-do-business-with-california-datsun-formely-datsun-parts-llc/page-1

This is my first post so please let me know if there is already a thread for this topic or if this topic should be posted elsewhere. 

I have a 1971 510 sitting in the garage waiting for a new engine and transmission. The L16 and stock auto are still in there but will be taken out soon. I have a rebuilt L20B and a rebuilt 280zx 5 speed, both from Datsun Parts LLC. Also I have almost all the parts needed to do the swap. I won't have the time to put the new engine and trans into the car on my own, so I'm looking for a reliable shop that will put the engine in and make everything run perfectly for me. I live in Southern California, if anyone has recommendations of some local shops, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I've found a shop very close-by that seems to be what im looking for, I will make a post on their service after all work has been done. Thanks for the help. Also, ive made a mistake and the transmission is not from a 280zx or from datsun parts llc, but from a 260z.

Dude you don't need to have a shop do it, there's so many Datsun heads in SoCal that can help you do it or do it for you. Where about in SoCal are you I may have a solution for you.

• Like 3

Dude you don't need to have a shop do it, there's so many Datsun heads in SoCal that can help you do it or do it for you. Where about in SoCal are you I may have a solution for you.

This ^

I strongly encourage you to tackle it yourself, the satisfaction of DIY is priceless!

• Like 3

This ^

I strongly encourage you to tackle it yourself, the satisfaction of DIY is priceless!

I would love to do all the work on my own but I don't have the time to do so on this car. I need this car running very soon. I'm hoping to pickup a S30 or an old RA28 to do all my own work on, but that's for later later. Thanks for the input, guys.  :thumbup:

I would love to do all the work on my own but I don't have the time to do so on this car. I need this car running very soon. I'm hoping to pickup a S30 or an old RA28 to do all my own work on, but that's for later later. Thanks for the input, guys.  :thumbup:

Even still I know ppl who can do it for you who are in the community instead of just some shop...

• Like 1