l20b DCOE fitment and tuning help

theeoracle

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still too much (carb and money) for what you have. Bolting multiple carbs on isn't going to make this a rocket ship and when you take into account the price, you will be disappointed with the results. You will need way more cam to make it work and then the next choke point will be the stock head not breathing and then the exhaust too restrictive. All the while the engine is becoming less and less drivable below 3K where 99.9% of the time this IS where you want it.

No one drives around at 3K.

I'm looking in the future for when i put more money into the head. I'm getting the carbs now because that is my goal for the engine. I'm making things future proof so i have plenty of room for improvement later on. And i have a brand new 2" exhaust and getting a header. 

So i can run 45 dcoe webers on a short runner mikuni manifold?

and what parts would i need for the linkage? to my 510

Yes, you should be able to use the 45's on the Mikuni 44 manifold.

Linkage is important, not only to the feel of the throttle pedal, but to the longevity of the carbs. Twisted throttle shafts is a common problem with improperly set up linkages. I would find a cenerpull cable linkage. And I would also use soft mounts on the carbs. The NISMO variety, not the white, o-ringed type.

my banzai car is like Spec Bre set up in post #17

mukini manifold with a pull cable

my yello 510 is the Nismo 44mm set up from the motorsport catalog ( chopped rear airhorn)

key is buy a complete set. otherwise you could spen soem bucks finding the right set up. As I did I got soem 40s and you could not swap the ends out to use a bar linkage. and would not work with the Cannon manfold I had un;ess I switch tatally to a cable center pull set up. I said Fuck it. now parts carbs

The stock springs are close to stacking around .470" lift That's valve lift not lobe lift. Haines will know.

I have a cam I got at Canby a couple of years ago. It's a regrind. The lift works out to 0.4875

so i can run a .480 cam with no spring stacking?

around 475 is close to stacking up.

what I did on my 521 truck 460lift cam is I ran stock outer and motorsport inner  As I used on my other motor Motorsport outer and stock inner.

The inner what collasp first but you could have the seat milled lower where the steel washer rest on (where the spring sits)

I did this as my cams went all thay big and wont be to hard on the cam

its up to you . Isky springs what is sold thru the Nissan motorsport book or go to isky. Schneider has kits also but don't make new cams they do regrinds now so most likely your lash pad will be bigger

I have a set from .150-.200 so I set it up know I will have pads that fit. seems people are running out of lash pads the size they might need. I got mine shit maybe 8-12 years ago also new rocker arms and retainers