Positive Camber?!!!

GoGoGo

I'm trying to figure out why for the life of me I have positive camber in my front driver's side wheel? Here is what I know - stock struts with some old yellow springs and bumpsteer spacers (not sure why I have them as the struts doesn't look to be modified or shortened at all) and a ST sway bar, that's it. The passenger side has about 1 degree of negative camber which is fine. Why would the driver's be so different? Troy Ermish installed a new replacement ball joints, tie rod ends, adjuster sleeves, drag link and idler arm but that shouldn't have affected anything, right? He noticed that the camber was off as well and thought it was strange as well. 

I have a set of 280zx stuts and brakes to swap in but thought I might want to figure this out first. 

Any ideas?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Car will bend before the strut tube will. Do the doors front fenders and hood fit without big gaps? Measure the length of the LCA from the pivot point out to the strut tube.... looking for driver's side to be much shorter.  

It happened to me before. The strut tube was cocked in the spindle. Dunno how it happened, but all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't get it to straighten again. :(

They're welded in from the bottom where the steering knuckle or bump steer spaced goes. The strut tube to spindle angle is 11 ... 10 (ten) degrees, you could check this.

280zx10degreeanglesamasplhl510s10s110300

Yeah Troy noticed it right before I left with the car. It's one of those things you don't notice unless you are looking for it. I didn't notice it and have owned the car also a year now. Car hasn't been in a accident and all the panels fit perfect. Might just leave it alone for now and work on the 280zx brake swap which "should" take care of the issue especially since I'm very confident it's not a frame/car bending issue.