Datslocos fun run/campout to MT Shasta Aug 28-30th

Datsloco

here is the actual field that would be our private ( Datslocos ) camping spot , it will hold 100 people . we also get our own private parking lot that is paved , in the shade , and has 34 full size car parking lot . So im thinkin we can get 50 datsuns in there . 

patrick-s-point-state_zpsvnnexl3u.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the actual field that would be our private ( Datslocos ) camping spot , it will hold 100 people . we also get our own private parking lot that is paved , in the shade , and has 34 full size car parking lot . So im thinkin we can get 50 datsuns in there . 

Cool. Is this the spot in Brookings?

My vote would be for 28/29.

Patrick's Point State Park, near Eureka, has a big campground on the coast. This website says there's one group campsite for 34 cars and 100 people, but it's $450 a night:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1117

INDY510  suggested this ^^, I made some phone calls and was actually able to secure our choice of those weekends if we are timely about the choice . 

It wont be free ..but it will be worth it . . Space for 100 people 30 + cars on pavement , in the shade , showers , ocean 5 minute walk down the path . check out the link above . 

thanks for the suggestion INDY510 , 

• Like 4

At this point I have no complaints about which weekend but I'd probably show up way late in hopes of bringing the daughter. Let me ask the ex wife if she's down to hang out one weekend and which she would prefer so she can still spend time with our daughter and I can get away a little as well. That's if I have a working dime at this point because there's no way I'm putting three in little miss

Technically we are talking 21 & 22 which is a Friday & Saturday night .

Or 28 & the 29 . Also a Friday & Saturday .

And we don't have to leave until Sunday at sundown.

We are working out the dates .

It would be great to hear some date feedback.on those days .

O and p.s. I've already secured our choice of those weekends . But we need to pick one .

We can do the weekend of the 29th forsure.

Why wouldn't it??

It runs hot in 80+F weather and I'm still troubleshooting it.

I just flushed the radiator again and flushed out a ton of rust.. this will be the 4th time.

I'll be doing some work on it this weekend.

It runs hot in 80+F weather and I'm still troubleshooting it.I just flushed the radiator again and flushed out a ton of rust.. this will be the 4th time.I'll be doing some work on it this weekend.

Sounds like that radiator is shot, I got mine from champion, under $200 shipped, ya might wanna consider...

Sounds like that radiator is shot, I got mine from champion, under $200 shipped, ya might wanna consider...

That would be giving up too easy. I'll only replace it if I can confirm it's at fault. I'm stubborn and I'm not one to shotgun a repair. :) It's possible it's the issue though, just need time to diagnose.

First.....do NOT get a champion.....

......don't ask me how I feel about them......I don't have time..... :fu: them.....

.......nut it up for a Koyo.....

Second......

.....it can really only be 2 things.....well maybe 3.....

1....Are you sure it's ACTUALLY overheating??

........Kalani's gauge was all tits....a week later calls me up on his way over and he had pulled over cuz his needle was pegged hot.....

...........he waited a few and made it over to the shop.....it was running @ 175* steady......sensor went nuts....

2....Thermostat isn't opening enough.....

3....Radiator is too plugged up

Get'er dun.....see you @ camping....... B)