this is great

so i have to be the one to settle the argument for you babies?:D

i think that everyone here can agree that there is a big difference from

"track car honda" to "pep boys trim honda" there is no reason not to respect anyone who puts serious work into their car(except geo and kia:D). but the ricers are the ones who make every honda/acura owner look bad. the fact that they will so galantly start bragging about their hp/L and crap like that even though they have only bought a "performance exhaust", some seat covers, a stereo and subwoofers, a ton of gauges, and a fire extinguisher and they think they are the hottest shit on the planet. i have had ricer guys try to race me and pull that shit on me. when they do i very simply state that i only race for slips, which will 99% of the time shut them up. its not the cars we should hate, its the stupid people that make them look bad that we should hate

800px-Honda_NSX_red.jpg

ricer_civic_2.jpg

theres a big difference people!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but we're not talking stock car in 2006 vs modified car in the 80's. The CRX didn't beat a 350Z, some much newer engine did. I was comparing comparable vehicles from the factory. 350Z and S2000 are closer in price and 1/4 mile times. also both vehicles mentioned have had minor changes to the engine through the years and I compared the 1st engine change

I have friends with 280ZX Turbo's that could kick my 350Z's ass and at half the cost.

but then again, if I twin turbed the 350Z at 12psi I'd be just a hair over 400whp. An L28 turbo isn't going to see even 250whp at that boost level. and yes, I could throw an RB25DET in an old 240Z and have a cheap monster...

My sister has a 1990 CRX Si, all stock. Lets just say my 1988 Pulsar SE wasted it. 75000rpm redline stock NO STUPID ENGINE SWAP from the late 80's.

Comparing an H22 to a 610 is just stupid. If you're running an L20b stock, lets see what Honda had in 1974 :fu:

"well, my friend's 510 beat an S2000. I wont' metion that the S2000 was stock and the 510 had an SR20DET" - blah....

-----

took a quick look on Google. Typical CRX B16a swaps are running mid to low 15's. About a full second+ slower than the early 350Z. Your friend can't drive.

It wasn't a much newer engine, it was the same generation as the car. In 1989 the crx and civic in japan were the first cars to have VTEC, it was the B16. Mine wasn't what I would call typical, 11:1 compression, upgraded cams, header, port work, K&N filter in a jap b16 airbox (slightly bigger than the stock us one and cause cone filters only make more noise not power)... 180hp at the crank... this is an approximation based on actual 1/4 mi time (13.5). Even if he drove the wheels off, he'd lose. :P

This is all I'm taking issue with. The 610 leaves a lot to be desired, it must not be worth doing anything to, right?. Datsun = Honda Civic of the 60's and 70's, a cheap econo box. What exactly makes a civic not worth doing anything to, other than being FWD? What do you have to do to a civic to make it fast and handle well that you don't have to do (and probably more) to an old Datsun?

this is the point I was trying to get across... :)

Where do they leave a lot to be desired, other than FWD vs RWD? Stock 510's and 610's aren't any better power/torque wise without a swap, so I fail to see the point. Look up the H22. More power and torque than a KA24. The F motors are also damn good motors that put out decent power and torque for what they are. Their V6 C and J motors also put out respectable power.

im not just talking about power im talking about the car as a whole i just dont see a point in dumping money into a 4 cylnder fwd car there isnt alot of room to play around with for a swap the overall balance of the car is way off there not the best looking cars they handle ok but have horrible understear the bottom line is i think that the honda civic is a great little commuter car great for point a to point b and so on but in my opinion they are not the best base for a performance car as for you compairing it to a 510 or 610 look at the time periods that they were made back in the 70s 100hp was good for a 4 cylnder and the cars were alot lighter so it got you alot more "pep" with that 100 hp that and the weight was better destributed threwout the car and the engine compartment is large enough that if you wanted to you could stick a v8 in in conclution i just dont like the civic as a car to go to the track with if you want a honda to be a track car go with somthing that is desingned a little better like the nsx or the s2k but this is all just my opinion if thats what people want to build then let them build it i wont stop them i just wont get the point as to why

i think that everyone here can agree that there is a big difference from

"track car honda" to "pep boys trim honda" there is no reason not to respect anyone who puts serious work into their car

that is my whole point

I rode in a 400+ HP civic, yeah it could burn out at any speed, and sounded bad ass. I know my 510 (if it was running) would have taken it. Like my grampa says, all a burnout proves is that your rig has poor traction. I have a bunch of friends into honda's, its fun trying to get them to race my 510 :D Even a buddy with an 90's vett is hesitant to race me. :D

fast=money

The great thing about Kevins Z is its stock, aka it will take the pounding and keep on ticking. My 510 hauls ass but it brakes more than a union worker!!!

Ohh boy where do I start? Ok first off this is a site for datuns which are imports, so we should all be respecting each other. I have a 03 si with a k motor and it has a lot of neat features. The most notable is the vtc controller that allows my cam timing to be adjusted on the fly giving me torque and power when I need it. I just ask please do not bash a brand because of a few idiots/ ricers that we hate just as much as you do. I have personally seen an all motor k20a2 swapped gutted eg civic running 10's all day. I think he had cams and ITB's and slicks and a cage(you have to have one at 10's). I could post a crap load of videos all day long showing very fast hondas, but I will save you the trouble. I think you have to drive a honda to know what it is like. I love my honda it is fun to drive and I enjoy it every time I am in it.

body certainly looks like integra, the dash looks like either accord or prelude but definately no civic or integra, and the motor is most certainly h22 prelude

whadya mean? Its really an integra, theres a crap ton of info about this car out there. He did it to get better autocross times, which I think is funny.