this is great

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately a Datsun 510 would crush the same as that Geo if a motorcycle hit it going 60mph.

also, if you're going to make fun of Honda for having no torque, why do I keep hearing Nissan guys complaining that all the Nissan engines are "truck engines". this basically means they have midrange torque. ya, Nissan makes their cars and truck with torque and not just focused on top end power. the KA24 was great for a car or truck. it has drivable power. Stop complaining people! :D

my 350Z has 200 foot pounds at the wheels at 2500 rpm! Honda S2000 has that much at probably 5000 rpm :D lol

my 350Z has 200 foot pounds at the wheels at 2500 rpm! Honda S2000 has that much at probably 5000 rpm :D lol

the s2000 redlines at 9000 though... hondas aren't really bad cars, great cars really, its the majority of the people who like to modify them that suck. Hondas are where the datsuns were in the 70s, there were 2 groups of car guys back then... the euro guys and the domestic guys, then datsun said we want a piece of that, went racing and dominated, then a niche group of guys jumped on the bandwagon (just like honda these days), but the die hard domestics and euros scoffed... datsun was the first jap import to offer tuning parts, AND it was available through the dealer with a warranty! I mean how long did it take the competitors do the same? Some still don't...

All in all hondas are just misunderstood like datsuns were in their day.

Engines 2009 sentra 2009 civic

dohc I4 sohc I4

Size, liters/cu. in. 2.0 1.8

Horsepower @ rpm. 140 @ 5100 140 @ 6300

Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm. 147 @ 4800 128 @ 4300

the s2000 redlines at 9000 though...

yes, and the Z redlines at 7000rpm.

Z = 3k - 7k power

S = 7k - 9k power, but less power than the Z

Actually i was wrong. Now that I look up the specs, an S2000 doesn't even have 200 foot pounds at the wheels. It peaks at 117 foot pounds at 7000 rpm, and its a spike. So you have well under 90 at 5000 rpm. :D lol

I guess it just goes to show that Honda specifically tunes their engines for a high rpm power spike where Nissan makes their engines for a smooth power band and good torque made for its application. I bet the VQ in the Frontier has more torque at lower rpm than the Z using the same engine.

My stock L-16 has more torque than HP.

HP= 96 @ 5600 RPM

Tourque= 100 fp @ 3600 RPM

Top it off with the infamous 620 4spd gear ratio, I could tow your Honduh up a hill any day!...though very slowly. :D

Also, I'm talking wheel horsepower. I dynoed my 100% stock 350Z and I looked up a dyno of a stock 2003 S2000. Both cars were on the first revision of their particular engine those years.

Back in the 70's your ID tags were grossly overrated. 240Z says 150hp... ya, lucky to get 105 whp out of one of those. How much does an L16 put down? 75whp would be a good guess.

Also, I'm talking wheel horsepower. I dynoed my 100% stock 350Z and I looked up a dyno of a stock 2003 S2000. Both cars were on the first revision of their particular engine those years.

Back in the 70's your ID tags were grossly overrated. 240Z says 150hp... ya, lucky to get 105 whp out of one of those. How much does an L16 put down? 75whp would be a good guess.

Hey, that's at least a squirl and a half at the wheels....guess I should give em bigger nuts.....:D

hondas aren't really bad cars, great cars really, its the majority of the people who like to modify them that suck.

i agree with this 100 percent these people are modifiying civics and del sols when there just pain not worth it even if you do a motor swap they still leave alot to be desired sure hondas make good power at the top end when tuned right but like bleach said how often are you gonna run a street car at 9000rpm if you want a honda het somthing more worthwhile then a civic the s2k is an ok car they get on it rather well and then there is the best honda built the nsx (grandpa has on got to drive it once what a fucking rush 100+ in second gear:eek:) the honda guys in my opinion just need to pick a worthwhile honda thats all

i agree with this 100 percent these people are modifiying civics and del sols when there just pain not worth it even if you do a motor swap they still leave alot to be desired sure hondas make good power at the top end when tuned right but like bleach said how often are you gonna run a street car at 9000rpm if you want a honda het somthing more worthwhile then a civic the s2k is an ok car they get on it rather well and then there is the best honda built the nsx (grandpa has on got to drive it once what a fucking rush 100+ in second gear:eek:) the honda guys in my opinion just need to pick a worthwhile honda thats all
Where do they leave a lot to be desired, other than FWD vs RWD? Stock 510's and 610's aren't any better power/torque wise without a swap, so I fail to see the point. Look up the H22. More power and torque than a KA24. The F motors are also damn good motors that put out decent power and torque for what they are. Their V6 C and J motors also put out respectable power.
Where do they leave a lot to be desired, other than FWD vs RWD? Stock 510's and 610's aren't any better power/torque wise without a swap, so I fail to see the point. Look up the H22. More power and torque than a KA24. The F motors are also damn good motors that put out decent power and torque for what they are. Their V6 C and J motors also put out respectable power.

Thank you! I dare anyone here to take on a CRX w/ an H22 or even a K20 swap. You better have an SR, KA-T or better.

-Brian

Edited by 808DA6
...watch your mouth foo!
Guest DatsuNoob

Years ago I scored a 91 civic si hatch, at Lakes Towing auction for $275 primer gray, previously stolen, non-driving, ignition broke, the whole bit. Didn't know much about Hondas, (driving mech. injected 1.8 8V VW's back then) but I knew I could get it running. Turned out to be that 50 amp fusible link was broken. So I replaced it with a piece of thick speaker wire, put a sock over the missing intake, and drove it home. After a tune-up, an oil change, and a cheapo shortie intake, I went to go show my brother the Honda nut what I got. He peeked under the hood and told me it had one of those Z series Japan engines in there. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about (just like he didn't know VW's), but I could drive up 512 to South Hill, from the fair on-ramp, in 2nd, doing 70, ready to shift into 3rd and only be at 6500 rpms. Never been much of an enthusiast, but at that point I had to give them credit atleast in the power to weight ratio dept. Hate to say it, but Hondas are reliable, great mpg's, good power, and take floggings like a champ. I think it's the dumb APC'd out ricers with fart cans most of us are sick of seeing.

The last CRX I owned had a Spoon built b16a with the ecu to match... 180hp in 1800lb car (wet)... and took the mofo to 9k all day long.

No offense bleach but crx beat my friends 350z... :fu: albeit a stock one but hell... I still paid less.

I took that car well past the part on the speedo where the numbers stop... (which is 120 so I was somewhere around 135-140).

Don't get me wrong, not proud of how stupid I was with this car... thats why I sold it.

No offense bleach but crx beat my friends 350z... :fu: albeit a stock one but hell... I still paid less.

No offense, but we're not talking stock car in 2006 vs modified car in the 80's. The CRX didn't beat a 350Z, some much newer engine did. I was comparing comparable vehicles from the factory. 350Z and S2000 are closer in price and 1/4 mile times. also both vehicles mentioned have had minor changes to the engine through the years and I compared the 1st engine change

I have friends with 280ZX Turbo's that could kick my 350Z's ass and at half the cost.

but then again, if I twin turbed the 350Z at 12psi I'd be just a hair over 400whp. An L28 turbo isn't going to see even 250whp at that boost level. and yes, I could throw an RB25DET in an old 240Z and have a cheap monster...

My sister has a 1990 CRX Si, all stock. Lets just say my 1988 Pulsar SE wasted it. 75000rpm redline stock NO STUPID ENGINE SWAP from the late 80's.

Comparing an H22 to a 610 is just stupid. If you're running an L20b stock, lets see what Honda had in 1974 :fu:

"well, my friend's 510 beat an S2000. I wont' metion that the S2000 was stock and the 510 had an SR20DET" - blah....

-----

took a quick look on Google. Typical CRX B16a swaps are running mid to low 15's. About a full second+ slower than the early 350Z. Your friend can't drive.

ok heres my take. i have owned 3 hondas. 2 civics and an accord. i broke them with less playing (beating) than my VWs take. sure for the average person a honda is a great car. reliable, cheap and fairly easy to work on, and parts are redily available. i jsut dont like them.

on the flip side there are TWO hondas i would own. a late 90s early 2000s civic SI, and an NSX. other than that MAYBE another 80-81 accord. i liked my sea mist green 4dr. :D

Comparing an H22 to a 610 is just stupid. If you're running an L20b stock, lets see what Honda had in 1974 :fu:
[...] these people are modifiying civics and del sols when there just pain not worth it even if you do a motor swap they still leave alot to be desired [...'] the honda guys in my opinion just need to pick a worthwhile honda thats all
This is all I'm taking issue with. The 610 leaves a lot to be desired, it must not be worth doing anything to, right?. Datsun = Honda Civic of the 60's and 70's, a cheap econo box. What exactly makes a civic not worth doing anything to, other than being FWD? What do you have to do to a civic to make it fast and handle well that you don't have to do (and probably more) to an old Datsun?