theeoracle

Engine Forklift Identification

I have this fork lift and the carb is trash. I was wondering what engine it is. I think it's an A14, If not will this carb still fit. http://tinyurl.com/oyzlv6p. Thanks

sorry for the bad pics.

and the valve cover says, DATSUN PU.

1435092299000.jpg1435092305933.jpg

• Like 1

It looks just like the carb on my 1975 b210 A14. Great little pushrod engine, long life and quiet.

• Like 1

to the intake manifold on the pictures.

Ok so i've figured out that the forklift's engine is a D11 and am wondering if you might know of a carb that will work. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Nothing like digging up an old topic. We bought an old FG 103 forklift, good deal. Have the same problem, needs carb & crank pulley. Should

have known about the smoking deal. Any help would be appreciated. Didn't know where else to look for help.

Thank you

Chopper Jim

• Like 1

You might try bolting up a carb from an early 70's Datsun car or truck. Or even a Weber DGV. I bet the bolt pattern on the manifold is similar to the L series or A series carburetors.

I have a mid 80's Mitsubishi forklft that was running like crap and the forklift specific carb was outragously expensive, so I bought a single barrel VW carb (Solex 30 PICT) to make it simpler to work on. Ultimately I didn't end up using it. Instead, I took the stock carb apart and modified it internally to work more like a street driven carb, and it works fine.

What problem are you actually having?

• Like 1

Didn't have an engine or any thing that would have been attached to it. Just ordered a carb for an A12, should be here any time. Hope it works. Pulley is at machine shop for a little work. 

• Like 1

This one is D11, and serial #S60061. Thank you Stoffregen Motorsports & Charlie69. 

Charlie69 the engine we came up with came from Phoenix, M&M Forklift.

Chopper Jim

• Like 2

If all you need is a carb then I would put a Weber 32/36 and jet as needed.  Find a gasket that fits the intake and this should tell you what you need for an adapter for the Weber.  Pierce Manifolds might be able to help Identify the engine and set you up with a carb.

• Like 1

All you need to know is the bolt pattern measurements on the carb mounting flange and the engine size (for rough jetting).

For simplicity you could use a new Ford Falcon 1bbl carb, 2 bolt pattern and cheap from RockAuto:

VAPEX 1801217R {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} InfoFutura; Holley fuel system; 1BBL; Type: H1; Carb Model: 1940; (W/HAND CHOKE); REPLACEMENT (Only 1 Remaining)

$175.79 +Core$50.00 $225.79

This would be a start, but its a small CC displacement and is similar to the E/J series and Austin motors... could go propane too but is it worth all the effort?

Thank you all for the help & information

Putting engine in, found carb for $79.00 new on ebay. Will be running soon.

Just for laughs we painted the engine Chevy orange. 

Chopper Jim 

• Like 2

With the Weber you would have to install wheelie bars!  LOL

• Like 2

Forklifts are front wheel drive...and they already have wheelie bars...up front.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Charlie.

• Like 2

I know forklifts are front wheel drive I was joking.  Be running forklifts since the 60s, most useful piece of equipment on  well site.

• Like 2