looking for a 810/maxima and acceptance

stabworty

I fell in love with the concept of a stripped, lowered, and swapped 810. I plan on swapping a RB25DET, meanwhile thrashing the L28 while sqaring away the suspension and brakes and whatnot. I can find heaps of RBs but I have only run across one 810 sedan (but since has disappeared from Craigslist). I want to stay away from wagons because of the solid axle. I like the twin rectangle headlight years, but older will do. Ideally I would like to find one running, but if not running it would obviously have to be in a close location, since I would have to trailer it.

What's the chances of anyone on here having/knowing of any such vehicle?

• Like 1
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd better learn more about the 810/MaximA with some research. It only came with an L24E engine.

Keep an eye open here. Also ask Matt http://community.ratsun.net/user/1302-hrh/ he's very into the Maxima. Craigslist, E-Bay, auto trader, and last... drive around with your eyes open. Look up driveways and alleys.

Nothing wrong with a goon solid axle. Way easier to lower without induced camber issues than an IRS.

If you haven't found Matt's build thread, here it is:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59762-my-new-ugly-betty-84-maxima-not-diesel/

He has another one for his wagon, but it sounds like you aren't a goon fan.

Looking for cars makes me think of a reoccurring fantasy of mine - being able to hack into the DMV computer and find every Datsun in the state. As long as it is a fantasy, I want the DMV computer to be archived back at least 10 years or so to include Datsuns not currently licensed. If I were smart enough to do that hack, I could also hack into my bank's system and add enough money to my account to pay for all the cars I wanted! :lol:

Len

Did he change his number?  Fucker's voice mail isn't set up, doesn't answer his phone, nor craigslist email.  Nope, just checked.  Same ad.  I flagged it.  I don't know if he put the wrong phone number up or what.  I've tried calling like 5 times at different times of day.  Just rings and then says the subscriber has no voicemail, goodbye.  

Oh and to the OP, welcome, and don't stick an RB in the Maxima.  It comes with a very buildable L24E which is way cooler and less expensive.  I just put a cam in my autocross car.  It hauls ass.

Did he change his number?  Fucker's voice mail isn't set up, doesn't answer his phone, nor craigslist email.  Nope, just checked.  Same ad.  I flagged it.  I don't know if he put the wrong phone number up or what.  I've tried calling like 5 times at different times of day.  Just rings and then says the subscriber has no voicemail, goodbye.  

Oh and to the OP, welcome, and don't stick an RB in the Maxima.  It comes with a very buildable L24E which is way cooler and less expensive.  I just put a cam in my autocross car.  It hauls ass.

Matt, I fixed the problem I told you about the other day.

Set up with him if you ever get in contact and I'll go look at the Maxima.

Sweet!  I may hold off.  Think I'm going to go to Pull and Save next weekend and yank two Altima exhaust cams and see if I can't give the hardbody more balls, which should help mileage.  Haven't decided on getting another Maxima yet.  Kinda short on the funds department after Canby.

Diego, could I buy a Ratsun sticker from you? :)

• Like 1

Sweet!  I may hold off.  Think I'm going to go to Pull and Save next weekend and yank two Altima exhaust cams and see if I can't give the hardbody more balls, which should help mileage.  Haven't decided on getting another Maxima yet.  Kinda short on the funds department after Canby.

Diego, could I buy a Ratsun sticker from you? :)

If I had extras I'd give you some, I picked up 1 Ratsun logo, 1 datslocos and 1 datsun life.... I think Busta Nut was the source for decals, mine came from Al.

Wow, so much to reply to...

My mind can be changed with good reasoning.

I love wagons but I feel I need irs. I could irs a goon. So much fab I would never get it on the streets.

The rb, I want a 350hp goal dependablely. I have look into the l24/26/28 route , it's possible but building a turbo engine and sort 80s fuel delivery sort is a pain .... blowthrough/drawthrough makes my head hurt. 350hp is easy number on a rb and the turbo is pre sorted just improving on what works.

I'm willing to drive one back, it's a good shake down lol. I have prepared my wife on the idea on fly to the Pacific northwest and driving back the texas in a 30 year old can.

• 6 years later...
  • datzenmike changed the title to looking for a 810/maxima and acceptance