1/4 time?

Nissan_Boy85

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly stock eh? To be closing in on a 15 sec run you must have a standard tranny and 3.70 rear axle. Find a pre '83 without the Z24 motor. Look for a long bed automatic 4.11 differential or a reg cab or KC automatic 4.375 diff. This will improve your launch off the line and cut your elapsed time.

I will have to check this out. My 620 is probably slow due to the fact that I have to shift 3 friggin times before I hit 35 MPH :lol:

We will see.....

For 1/4 mile racing you want to use all your gears and be running out of revs just as you cross the finish line. If I wanted to slightly over rev my Dart I could finish the quarter in third. It had 3.23 gears, 4.11s or higher would have helped but then the tires wouldn't have been able to grip.

not ALL your gears but up through your 1:1 ratio gear, right?

so 4th gear in a 5-speed.

My engine is stock except for the Flowmaster muffler and pacesetter headers. Soon as I pass emissions for the last time I'm gonna throw my Weber back on. Then I might brake the 15 seconds. :D

If that were the case then your mostly stock mid 80's Nissan truck is faster than a mid 80's non turbo z-car, and almost as fast as the turbo Z. I think you should take it to the track.

not ALL your gears but up through your 1:1 ratio gear, right?

so 4th gear in a 5-speed.

As long as you are accelerating faster in 5th than you would be in 4th at the same speed then use it. Strictly for quarter mile, if you crossed the finish line in the top of 4th gear and never got to use 5th, you could lower the rear end gears (higher numerical number). This would lower your top speed in all gears allowing a sooner shift into the next and keeping the motor in it's strongest pulling range. I would shift quickly into 4th for 3-4 seconds at the end because third, although still climbing, was running out of steam. This dropped the RPMs down into a higher torque range, even if just for a couple of seconds. There is also a slight loss on each shift, as much as a half second over three changes for a 4spd.

Well according to the one time this truck went to the truck. I WAS NOT THERE. I did see the time slip but dont have it anymore. Long story if you read the first time I came on here you would understand.

1/4 Mile 11.5 sec @ 118.3 mph

0-60 4.3 sec.

Also posted on James' (guy I helped build the truck) "RED DRAGGIN" car domain. Here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2250161.

There is alot of things on the that are wrong so This may also be worng.

My engine is stock except for the Flowmaster muffler and pacesetter headers. Soon as I pass emissions for the last time I'm gonna throw my Weber back on. Then I might brake the 15 seconds. :D

My 82 720 passed with ease and the motor had all but the egr and cat taken off of it with a weber. Why would it not pass?

My 82 720 passed with ease and the motor had all but the egr and cat taken off of it with a weber. Why would it not pass?

Because I don't have a EGR Valve and my cat has officially reached the POS stage. I can make it pass basically by starving the engine if I have the weber on.