620 Disc brake help

I've been reading the write-ups on swapping 2wd hardbody disc brakes/spindles/hubs onto my '73 620. I made custom upper control arms to make it work, got the whole hardbody spindle, lower control arm, etc. from a 4 cyl D21.

I used the hubs from the '73, with the hardbody bearings to fit onto the hardbody spindles.

I decided to upgrade to the 2 piston pathfinder calipers/brakets while I was at it. I got these from a '97 Pathfinder

So, from what I understand - from what I've read; you use the Honda Passport rotors with this setup. 

I got the Passport rotors, and went to put the pathfinder caliper/bracket on, and they will not fit without rubbing the rotor. Did I misunderstand or miss something? Please help!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're mistakenly fusing a couple of builds together.  The passport stuff is for a big brake conversion on the stock kingpins.  If you converted to ball joints, you simply use the rotor that came with the spindles....in this case, a HB rotor.  I think ....I'm not sure......that you can put the V6 rotors on those hubs/spindles to work with your dual piston calipers.   Worse case, you run a stock HB rotor/caliper.

You're mistakenly fusing a couple of builds together.  The passport stuff is for a big brake conversion on the stock kingpins.  If you converted to ball joints, you simply use the rotor that came with the spindles....in this case, a HB rotor.  I think ....I'm not sure......that you can put the V6 rotors on those hubs/spindles to work with your dual piston calipers.   Worse case, you run a stock HB rotor/caliper.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I was way overthinking things. haha. I looked into it some more and V6 2wd Hardbody rotors are supposed to bolt right up to my stuff. I guess I just needed to type it all out to see it clearly.