A 510 named "Hey"

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They helped on my S13. Unsure if it's "snake oil" myself, but they worked for me. 

So your rockers kept flying off then with the rocker stoppers installed on the same engine they stopped flying off?  How hard did you rev it?  

So your rockers kept flying off

Well, one did. That was enough for me.  :P

then with the rocker stoppers installed on the same engine they stopped flying off?  How hard did you rev it?  

Well, i suppose it's possible I didn't rev it as hard after the stoppers were installed, so your mileage may vary.   ^_^

• Like 1

Somehow I did loose a rocker which I've been worried about since I put the biggest cams stock springs can handle, SR's are known for not liking banging off the rev limiter in stock form.  They do sell "rocker stoppers"  Kinda wonder if it's BS.  I rev'ed the hell out of it today and in the past. 

KA's are cam on bucket...I bang mine off the limiter pretty regularly, never had a problem. :devil:

• Like 1

KA's are cam on bucket...I bang mine off the limiter pretty regularly, never had a problem. :devil:

Isn't your rev limiter set at like 6500?  I hit mine so much, on a daily basis and on the track.  I was worried after the cams but haven't had any issues.  

• Like 1

I have my limiter set at 7000.  Apparently it shoots some pretty sweet flames when it hits it!

Sounds about right since you can't fuel cut :)  

Do you feel limited by the low revs?  I would like to build a VE SR so I can rev it over 8k.  sometimes I don't have time to shift or don't want to.  A little more RPM's for more speed at the track would be nice.  

• Like 1

Sounds about right since you can't fuel cut :)

Do you feel limited by the low revs?  I would like to build a VE SR so I can rev it over 8k.  sometimes I don't have time to shift or don't want to.  A little more RPM's for more speed at the track would be nice.  

It really depends on the course.  With 3.90 rear gears and the broad torque band of the KA I can pretty much do everything in 2nd, with the exception of only the fastest straights.  I might try and go to 4.44's next year though, and it will be interesting to see how it changes things.  I think it may actually hurt me when it comes to autocross, but help me at the hillclimbs. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Dang for being my daily driver I sure don't update this thread enough!!!!!!   I need to be more like Carter, take good photos and write good stuff!!!  Although I do like taking pictures I don't like the typing part, requires to many prof reads.  here are some pictures of things to come on the Tan car.  Sam and I have been working on the rear suspension for far to long (mostly Sam as I could only help so much, he is much better at Solidworks then me).  This Wednesday we can finally put the prototype parts into the test chunk we got from James (the510keeper) Thanks buddy!  If all goes well we can test it out in my car.  Which sure would be cool!!!  The doubly cool part would be if it works I can run the 13's with the 225's!!!!  

mjCO0La.jpg

Sam's truck doing work!!!!  

d8qsDQh.jpg

Tack tack

0C8ZJa3.jpg

Also finally fixed installed my radio delete panel.  I forgot I even had it.  

Ogqaedy.jpg

Had to put these in too.  Old ones were a bit rusty.  They are missing the chrome that goes over the lens without the chrome makes them looking kinda big, I gotta dig around and find it. 

bNYAY41.jpg

mNKS2Gl.jpg

Now for the fun!  Racing.  3 years now!  So much fun!   This photo is from my last race, at the moment it wasn't raining but really really wet all day.  I managed to pull off first in RWD.  I enjoy rain racing.  every input shows in the rain.  No hiding your weaknesses behind sticky tires! 

NIuJ7y4.jpg

This does't include all the plagues, I hate hanging things though, maybe one day I'll get around to it.  

Pdd210r.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Ok, how did you get the body modeled and what do I have to do to get my 620 body modeled? 

Tape measures and solid works my friend!   We have a scanner at work, I tried sorting out how to make models from a point cloud......  Not easy with the software we have.  I'd like to find out how.  Solid Works (last version I tired) could not make a model based on the points.  The result reminded me of Robocop's predecessors, if you remember that movie.  :)