A 510 named "Hey"

Have you figured out which tool(s) in your garage you are going to give up to make room for all the trophies?

They are in the house, can't waist the space in the garage with stuff like that!  

Sam pointed me to some great racing pics!  So now I have to share.  

SPwrp0k.jpg

HKSDkdA.jpg

CeSIWsU.jpg

O5L4KjZ.jpg

SPwrp0k.jpg

nYEBZcM.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another win! Okay turns out they stop official timing at 7:00... Of coarse my killer time happened at 7:04.... I'm cool with second in RWD though. It's just a blast driving like a maniac! I had trouble with the new coarse so it took me a little longer to get a really good time in. My problem was all the previous events the slalom was every other cone. This event it was 2 cones to the right, one to the left, 2 to the right, 3 to the left... My brain was stuck in every other..... haha. So lets just say I had a couple laps of some serious drifting changing my mind mid corner haha.  

My favorite part of the race was when I left.  They always have a volunteer sitting next to the exit stopping cars and asking if they turned in their transponder.  The volunteer this time was a old retired aged lady.  She had me stop and came up to the window and asked if I turned in the transponder, which I replied "yes".  She then noticed the trophy in the passenger seat.  She ask with pure amazement "did you win one of the races" while looking at my car with a puzzled look on here face :)  It was very obvious she was in disbelief a rusty old Datsun could win one of the events :)   T

BIunaBt.jpg

Damn that is a big hood ornament!!! LOL

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How did you place last weekend at Nissan Fest?

It was nice meeting you and watching how smooth and easy you made your runs look. Your driving style is deceptive as to how much speed you carry through the corners.

• Like 1

How did you place last weekend at Nissan Fest?

It was nice meeting you and watching how smooth and easy you made your runs look. Your driving style is deceptive as to how much speed you carry through the corners.

Their timing system broke so I'm not sure where I placed.  I didn't go kill mode since the timing system went down and they were using stop watches.  The luxury sedan behind me got a 1:20 and they said my best time was a 1:21 and I know for a fact cars like that don't hang with 510's even he said they must have got the times mixed up.  It was a blast though!  I raced friday to.  Here is video of it.  

• Like 1

Yep that was Country's 510's KA trans after a redline shift from 4th to 5th back in 2006 when we went to shasta.  

Long trip eh Jeff? Congrats on the win. Remember this?

transicehousetrannydisaster.jpg

Theinsidepassage.jpg I called this one The Inside Passage

• Like 1

Is this electric yet?

That's the other one.

^you're right!  The gobstopper is going to be electric.  Sam and I are building a lift rotisserie for it.  Been taking a while. Maybe I should post the lift in that thread.  

The suspension development is super interesting. Please keep us updated with any future mods.

I recently moved my TC rods to the bottom of my LCA's.  Damn talk about awesome!  I had no idea how much of an effect the interference was having while racing!!!  So predictable now.  Signed up for another race this friday.  

• Like 2

Boy I just love driving and racing this car!  It just keeps getting better.  Sam and I removed the rack and checked the bump, with our model.  Tedious but very rewarding.  While we had it out I painted it.  You can see it's modified to fit the Orange Line swaybar.   So next on our list is building a custom sway bar.  Either way I really like how the crossmember looks.  Next I need to get a power steering line made.  

yF2KxQX.jpg

Sweet picture of us at the track!  

VfStxcH.jpg

I love these brake pads!  I'm not sure how many of you guys work on 510 rear drums anymore but I'be done quite a few in the last couple years and FUCK  the auto parts stores shoes!  Damn garbage the last 3 sets I've had to grind them narrower to fit the drum back on.....  These went on AMAZING!!  Also my pedal is actually at the top now!  With the other shoes must flex or something.  

8DiJr8r.jpg

Also twisted these even though add caster adds some bump steer, I want to see if I get anymore bit with a little more caster.  

bcb7d1d.jpg

• Like 7

I recently moved my TC rods to the bottom of my LCA's.  Damn talk about awesome!  I had no idea how much of an effect the interference was having while racing!!!  So predictable now.  Signed up for another race this friday.  

Any details on the TC bottom mount?  I have pondered doing this too and would love to see how you went about it.  

• Like 1

That rack is so rediculous... love it!

Good info on the pads too. I bought some for my 69. Tried to install them and the show wouldn't fit on... I thought I messed something up. So I just reinstalled the old pads which were still good.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Been racing the 510 a bit, and it's been doing great.  Had to add an extra seat belt to bring home another trophy!  I had to bring him home in the 510.  I thought it was cool that Byron was brought home from the hospital in a 510!  Now that the car is 45 years old it's even cooler! haha  Although I wanted him born on the 17th so his 21st birthday was on friday he missed it by 4 hours :(  9lbs and 21" tall.  

C3RifAM.jpg

LNfMBHp.jpg

EARFsi5.jpg

QrT4lgJ.jpg

P8fCqau.jpg

• Like 14