Bought a 521 you're probably all familiar with...

fredges

Heres the stamp on the rims that blasting uncovered

Also, Can't figure out how to pull out the cig lighter...??

*Edit: TOPY 11-76 41/2Jx143.8t d  is what is stamped on the rims... are these OE?

**Edit: FYI - Those chrome wheels are going up for sale once I pull the rubber off... I'll post an ad in classifieds once they're available.

The left most one is definitely factory and the oldest.....most likely, the narrowest of the 5.  Is the same thing stamped on all of them?

• Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The left most one is definitely factory and the oldest.....most likely, the narrowest of the 5.  Is the same thing stamped on all of them?

Four of them look to be the exact same size, though not all have the stamp. one is just slightly wider (half or quarter inch, maybe) and doesn't seem to be stamped. I'm going to use that one for the spare. 

• Like 1

... Oh, and I put a "temporary" stereo in. Mounted an old head unit and door speakers in a wooden wine box, dropped a small powered sub in the floor, and made it all removable. Can pull it out in 2 minutes when I have a passenger. It'll get me to Canby with tunes anyway. Until I find a better way or build a console or something...
Qx9wPJs.jpg

Plugs into the cig lighter. Sub is wired directly to the battery with two 20A fuses, one at the battery and one internal. Works great, looks like shite.

I think I should get bonus points for the burlap "grill covers" on the side of the wine box. Hahaha!
I'm so dead if I get in a wreck.... :D

**Edit: Oh man, am I getting crap from my friends about my "hillbilly stereo"! :D haha! Hoping to blend it in a little better next weekend. Still want it to be easily removable, though.

• Like 1

Aha! Only one is stamped TOPY 11-76 41/2Jx143.8t d , the other three are TOPY 11-76 41/2Jx143.5t d ... And that's the slightly wider one.

• Like 1

Although, I would love to put a console of some kind in it, ahead of the shifter, so I can get a little music in there. We'll see...

FWIW, I put a late 620 console in mine. Fits good and (at least to me) it looks like it came there. 

I did it to relocate the tach from the column (PO install) to the console, but I've seen plenty of guys put radios in them.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Couldn't find the original pic, must've deleted it...   :blush:

Crappy pic, but a pic, so...   :rofl:

Untitled-1~1.jpg

That is exactly what I need, thanks! I love that I can velcro it in and not drill any holes. Does it allow clearance for the heater flap?  Funny, I'm hoping to move or remove the little tach the PO put on the steering column.. it's ok, but I shift by ear, so it's not necessary. Ok, soooo who's got one for sale? Do I have to wait for Canby?? :D

• Like 2

That is exactly what I need, thanks! I love that I can velcro it in and not drill any holes. 

That one is held with velcro at the front, but I did put two small screws into the floor at the back. 

Does it allow clearance for the heater flap? 

Yes sir.  :thumbup:

You can actually mount the front even lower than that. I put it at that height so it would be level, but the front can go a lot lower. 

• Like 1

thats not even the nicest set up my buddy hans who built my pods....leather wrapped his interior ... he has the same stereo set up but runs 6" mid and tweeter in the floor along with a 4" mid ... same box set up bu his is leather wrapped ... i love his door panels but the color is too light for me 

C5321406-63AC-4095-B575-B6B6656D72AD_zps

F3BA7F9D-FB4B-49C0-961C-A96477FF91D1_zps

BEA39F9E-904E-4E4D-A20F-EA0B55E72DAB_zps

C05C999E-3823-4E97-8450-B2363F1126C0_zps

89E5860F-1231-4579-A435-325A58061144_zps

i do love how my interior turned out .... i was promised 5 fathers day ago a redo on my interior....welp for a dovirce present i got myself interior and i love it ... im pretty tall and lowered my bench seat ... im 6-7"  so it was necessary .. hans is shorter and finally lowered his seat and loves it more now ... now if our trucks just looked as nice as this tan 521 on the out side ... 

• Like 8

Found a used tire place that will swap out the rims with the tires that on the truck now for $20! I'll probably throw in a case of beers for them too. And maybe I'll buy a used tire for the spare. Wish I knew someone with a tire machine... :D Don't we all...

• Like 1

... Oh, and I put a "temporary" stereo in. Mounted an old head unit and door speakers in a wooden wine box, dropped a small powered sub in the floor, and made it all removable. Can pull it out in 2 minutes when I have a passenger. It'll get me to Canby with tunes anyway. Until I find a better way or build a console or something...

Qx9wPJs.jpg

Plugs into the cig lighter. Sub is wired directly to the battery with two 20A fuses, one at the battery and one internal. Works great, looks like shite.

I think I should get bonus points for the burlap "grill covers" on the side of the wine box. Hahaha!

I'm so dead if I get in a wreck.... :D

**Edit: Oh man, am I getting crap from my friends about my "hillbilly stereo"! :D haha! Hoping to blend it in a little better next weekend. Still want it to be easily removable, though.

Nice truck you got there!! If you want a 521 rear end, there is one at the Arlington Pink-n-Pull right now. Saw it 2 days ago and the rear was there. If you're looking for radio options, you can see my page to see what I did. Just an idea and you don't have to cut anything out on the doors or rear.

The interior is sweet as, but just my opinion. Make sure you do want you like in the end!!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Baby needs a new pair of shoes! Well, baby got some old shoes back on, anyway... 

whmnKtb.jpg

Vuc9jEe.jpg

EiJ5hIx.jpg

UIFXvnm.jpg

yHNLPbK.jpg

Funny, I didn't realize that the hubcaps I have only fit one of the rims! D'oh! So do I A.) find three caps that fit, B.) get rid of the one different rim and find one like the others and a new set of hubcaps, C.) keep the rims and the hubcaps and find and blast and paint three rims just like it, or... D.) say "aw fuck it" and run without hubcaps?

I'm leaning towards D, mostly because I like the kinda "hot rod" look of it, and ... I'm really fucking lazy.

• Like 6

So, I'll probably be bringing these to Canby ... maybe for sale or trade? I'll be a good boy and post them in the classifieds now...

qBMxTnD.jpg

If bringing for sale to Canby why not see if anyones interested or maybe willing to prepay for them.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66553-classifieds-canby-delivery-only/

PM tdaaj , he might have a few caps for sale

• Like 1