Wheel selection help.

poolguru

I have been researching offsets for some wheels for my 71 510.I am torn between 2 different types of wheels.The Konig rewinds and the Rota RB's.

These are the specific wheels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15X7-ROTA-RB-4X114-3-04-WHEELS-TR6-AE86-280Z-240SX_W0QQitemZ130258195201QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130258195201&_trkparms=72%3A727|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

and

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/860958073.html

The Rotas have a 4mm offset and the Rewinds have a 0 ffset.What size spacers will i need for these to fit correct?

BTW I have 81-'84 Datsun 810/Maxima wheels on the car right now and they fit great.Any help is appreciated.

web.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Run the rota wheels they are offered in alot more offsets than what you listed Troy has run them alot on a few different customer cars in a 15x7 25 offset they also make them in a 16x7 22 offset that is the same size I run on my wagon and dont need any wheel spacers. They are light weight and dont cost alot I think Troy sells them for $500 a set (4) and they are local to us

Clayton

congrats on your 510 I am glad to see someone piced up Johns old car... he made the drive to canby in it this last year with him and a few friend with no problems

give me a call if your still looking for a 521 we are going to be selling ours after we do a few small updates (DISK BRAKES!!)

I think they make them in +12 as well? My car didnt like the +25 i would recommend something a bit less as +25 on a sedan rubs on the rear arm on the wheel weights (can grind the arm a little)

Personally on my sedan I run 15x6.5 front +13 and 15x7 rear +3 and I love how it sits! with 195 50 15

Run the rota wheels they are offered in alot more offsets than what you listed Troy has run them alot on a few different customer cars in a 15x7 25 offset they also make them in a 16x7 22 offset that is the same size I run on my wagon and dont need any wheel spacers. They are light weight and dont cost alot I think Troy sells them for $500 a set (4) and they are local to us

Clayton

congrats on your 510 I am glad to see someone piced up Johns old car... he made the drive to canby in it this last year with him and a few friend with no problems

give me a call if your still looking for a 521 we are going to be selling ours after we do a few small updates (DISK BRAKES!!)

zero offset will stick out past the fender on a 510. (as mentioned above...) you need something with some positive offset and likely no 8 inch wide will fit right on stock suspension.

I like the RBR design a little better. That's what I ordered for my Z. I called up 18racing.com (they also sell on eBay) and custom ordered direct from them. I got to choose the size, offset, color, and bolt pattern exactly.

i test fit my 17x8 +22 works on the back of my 510 sedan today with 235 45 17 rubber. With rolled fenders they clear inside and outside and under compression sitting still there is no rubbing. I dont know about on the road but it clears! Those inner fenders might cause problems on the road though over big bumps... car is significantly lowered though, the rear tucks on the 17s

i know im going to maybe annoy some people on here but... im still interested in these rb wheels.. i was on the 18wheel page and they have them in +4, +12+, +25... and i been seeing mixed opinions...whats the best offset for a sedan 280zx front struts.. lowered... want to run 205/50/15....

i know im going to maybe annoy some people on here but... im still interested in these rb wheels.. i was on the 18wheel page and they have them in +4, +12+, +25... and i been seeing mixed opinions...whats the best offset for a sedan 280zx front struts.. lowered... want to run 205/50/15....

if it was me, rolled fenders f and r and the +12

with no spacer correct?

i don't like spacers.. and you wouldn't need them.

+25 would work fine on the front and +12 rear if you didnt mind staggering.. but then you cant rotate.. 25 on the back without grinding rubs on the inside on some sedans

good.. so +15 all around no spacers... just roll fenders in front and back.... thanks.

it should work fine! works for me. But every car is different so do some measuring and everything :)

different really? why assuming the 510 is a 510... i just want to go something on the safe side.. i have spacers on my wheels now and just doesn't seem safe

because every car is going to have a different ride height based on your suspension age / setup as well as tires even the same size can be different sizes in actually. (as well as suspension angle if not adjustable)