What is the hub size for hubcentric rings?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not needed for vehicles that use wheel studs. The wheel is centered by your lugs. The rear doesn't have them because the drum covers the hub of the rear. I've been told wheels that use a combined lug/stud (lots of European cars use them) need the hub centric stuff because the weight of the car is on the hubs of the wheels, not the lugs. Don't know if that's true or not, but I haven't bothered to look it up.

The center bore of my wheels are much larger than the ZX hub, and I haven't had issues with vibration or anything. Same as I said for the rear.

The thing is I'm running wheel adapters because the rims I have are 4x108. The hubcentric rings just give me that added sense of security that everything is centered because I can't run rings from the wheel to the adapter. So the adapter is centered on the hub with the rings, and the rims are centered on the adapter just by the lugs. These are the adapters I have that I need the rings for.

4100-4100Z-2.jpg?1352828700

I ran these on my 1980 Corolla with no problem, but the hub size is larger than the Corolla hub.

"The hubcentric rings just give me that added sense of security"

In my mind you have already given up more security and strength by running adapters, instead of a wheel that fits correctly.

Which might be a great reason for a person want to add a little security back in as best he can. does anyone have the measurement he needs, instead of an option why he's wrong? Give him the info, then tell him why he didn't need it.

What "security" are you looking for?

Neither the hub or the lug nuts support the weight of the car. The friction between the back of the wheel & the mounting surface created by the clamping force of the lug nuts support the weight of the vehicle.  

Hub rings are used to place the wheel in perfect center relative to the spindle/hub & theoretically help provide a more balanced rotating mass. If this is your concern then you will need hub rings for your adapters to mount to the hub & then another set of centering/hub rings for your wheels to mount to the adapters. 

Basically for your application they are a waste, so forget about the hub rings, mount up your wheels, enjoy the ride & post pics. 

• Like 1

Metric tape measure. Google. Calculator.

Or sixth grade math which is both cheaper and required to graduate from High School [note to non USA readers, this is NOT pre college or Junior College or the Japanese Dai Gaku what you need to graduate from a burger flipping job to a real career path]and is really not a calculator required task, after all there will always be a pencil and paper [if you remember what your Grandfather used to get the answer]  Surprise!  Before we [collectively AKA Old Farts] could go on past 8th grade, we were required to be able to do multiplacation table in our heads, and to write them down! I believe that all to many districts today have waived "cursive writing" AKA theability to sign your pay check legibly, I pity the bank tellers [assuming they expect a legibly signed endorsement] on a paycheck that was not electrronically deposed to an existing account!

Further expose!  Those "students"who could not pass these elementary literacy tests were steered to "trade schools" not pre college High Schools which may explain the lack of common sense reason on the part of some "repair" mechanics.

On the other hand, many college bound students quickly realizd that they preferred the gratifaction of hands on work and swaitched to "real" apprentichiped oriedted paths of knowlege.  Find on and support him or hes ad soon as you can find one! My son spent 2 years at a UC [that's California] campus before he quit and got a "real job" and has never looked back!

• Like 1

I'm working in mm, it's just a little hard to put the tape measure against the hub and see if it's 1/4 or 5/16, etc. But anyway, I ended up getting a caliper ruler, it's 66.1mm, damn, y'all quick to assume I don't know my arithmetic  :geek:

Get rid of those Ford wheels then :P

They're for American Racing Equipment Libre's extremely mint, no curb rash.  :thumbup:  Worth using on my car.

EEBB2868-D035-4AB1-BFED-B1A65040B304_zps

But eventually I'm using Enkei Apache 1's for the front and SSR Star Sharks in the rear when I wanna go JDM  :ninja: , luckily these are already 114.3

0543D159-7B54-4237-B126-7A49B7F5A469_zps