The B11 that kept on giving

Back in 1989 I bought a 1983 Datsun/Nissan B11 (Sentra).  It was a 2 door with a 5-speed manual transmission and a 1500cc engine that developed a whopping 69 HP. I paid $3,200 for the car. a year later it was hit by hail and got a check for $1,600.  A year after that it was "totaled" by hail and, after I bought it back from the insurance company I was ahead another $800.  A year later my oldest son was driving it and got rear ended in a 10 car pile-up and driven into the car in front of him. This time the car was totaled for real.  The only part of the car that was intact was the drivers seat area so my son was not injured. Because the car had been "totaled" previously by hail I only had liability on it so I had to personally deal with the insurance companies of the cars that hit the B11.  By the time that was done I collected another $2,800. So I bought  the car for $3,200, drove it for 3 years and about 45,000 miles, and collected $5,200 in insurance on the car.  Best car I've ever owned.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic