Found an F10! And she made it 2400 miles across the country!

Hey guys & gals, this looks like the only corner of the internet where the F10 is more than a whisper or a myth. If anyone knows of any or other places to keep an eye on, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, any place that has any type of information on them would be appreciated as well.

In my searching, it seems that this isn't exactly the most popular car in the world, and I have a really dumb reason for wanting one. Nonetheless, here I am!

EDIT: I've found that the B210 is a RWD F10 in essence. I apologize for being too quick on the draw for my first post. I'm new to the world of Datsuns! With that said, project B210s are welcome as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an F10 hatchback 1977 that I might part with. 5 spd, tach.. Complete 1978 wiring harness installed which includes, factory electronic ign, alt with internal regulator) All new brake hydraulic's. UNCRACKED dash pad. Windows are all good. Spectre wheels.

Have these parts not installed.

New brake rotors.

New control arm bushings.

New Axles (both sides) This needs to be done.

Second set of front struts (Planning on lowering spring seat to lower the car)

Very little rust on car, NO repaired body damage.

2 boxes of spare parts.

Runs, drives, stops.

If interested, PM me

I have an F10 hatchback 1977 that I might part with. 5 spd, tach.. Complete 1978 wiring harness installed which includes, factory electronic ign, alt with internal regulator) All new brake hydraulic's. UNCRACKED dash pad. Windows are all good. Spectre wheels.

Have these parts not installed.

New brake rotors.

New control arm bushings.

New Axles (both sides) This needs to be done.

Second set of front struts (Planning on lowering spring seat to lower the car)

Very little rust on car, NO repaired body damage.

2 boxes of spare parts.

Runs, drives, stops.

If interested, PM me

I wish you were a little bit closer to me (I'm in KY). I'm sure the shipping would be close to 50% of what the cost of the car would be, if not more.

I found an F-10 today, might buy it if the owner and I can agree on price...... How do I post pics?

I'm new to this forum, but on other forums, I typically host pictures on Photobucket and then use the image upload button on here. That button is the one that looks like a little tree, in between the hyperlink and Twitter buttons.

• 2 months later...

There also one 80 miles east of me that super clean 76 F10 Wagon.

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/5105608608.html

I spoke with this guy at length yesterday and he is currently holding the car for me as I make arrangements to get out there and make the 2400 mile trek back. I am very excited! Thank you so much for your help guys! If I ever meet any of you in person, the first round of drinks is on me. Oh, and remember...

11665552_10204585682657603_3642234778360

• Like 1

Sweet ass! Make sure to enjoy the trip and take in some of the sights on the way home. We stop at every open gokart track or mini golf we come across, its all about the journey.

That is absolutely the plan. I've been wanting to do a solo vacation for awhile, so I might as well incorporate driving an F10 across the country into it. I'm really excited to see Oregon and Colorado, but everything in between as well. I'm hoping to make an entire week out of it.

I spoke with this guy at length yesterday and he is currently holding the car for me as I make arrangements to get out there and make the 2400 mile trek back. I am very excited! Thank you so much for your help guys! If I ever meet any of you in person, the first round of drinks is on me. Oh, and remember...

11665552_10204585682657603_3642234778360

No problem man I got old pictures of that car from last year when I was gonna buy it good to know a Ratsun member is getting it hardly any of them around. I'm 80 miles away in Medford, Oregon from the car or I'd say come by but you got a long trip back but if you decided to come let me know. Would be sweet to see it person!

You should easily get 35 MPG so all you need is 75 gallons to get you home. At $3.20 that's about $250. I've driven that far in about 80 hours before. Not suggesting this, but you could take a friend and drive non stop. At 45MPH average that's only 53 hours almost a weekend.

That looks like a decent F10. Cool that you found it. The one thing I strongly recommend you do is go to eBay and search for an F10 Factory Service  Manual (not Owners Manual). There are several on there and it looks like you should be able to get one for under $20. Cheap insurance if you get out on the road and some weird F10 problem pops up. The factory manual has lots of trouble shooting info and great wiring diagrams. Much better than a Haynes or Chiltons. If you have a problem you can't handle, any mechanic you find will need the service manual unless he is an old-time Datsun mechanic. If you are leaving soon to pickup the car it is worth paying a few $$ extra for Priority Mail to be sure you get the manual in time to take it with you.

There have been threads here on Ratsun on what tools and parts to take on a long road trip so you might do a search for that topic. My first concern with any Datsun is wiring glitches, so I would want to take along a roll of wire, crimp-on wire ends, wire stripper, and a small multi-meter. You might wait until you get to Oregon, find a Harbor Freight and buy these things and some basic hand tools for the return trip

Len

• Like 2

That looks like a decent F10. Cool that you found it. The one thing I strongly recommend you do is go to eBay and search for an F10 Factory Service  Manual (not Owners Manual). There are several on there and it looks like you should be able to get one for under $20. Cheap insurance if you get out on the road and some weird F10 problem pops up. The factory manual has lots of trouble shooting info and great wiring diagrams. Much better than a Haynes or Chiltons. If you have a problem you can't handle, any mechanic you find will need the service manual unless he is an old-time Datsun mechanic. If you are leaving soon to pickup the car it is worth paying a few $$ extra for Priority Mail to be sure you get the manual in time to take it with you.

There have been threads here on Ratsun on what tools and parts to take on a long road trip so you might do a search for that topic. My first concern with any Datsun is wiring glitches, so I would want to take along a roll of wire, crimp-on wire ends, wire stripper, and a small multi-meter. You might wait until you get to Oregon, find a Harbor Freight and buy these things and some basic hand tools for the return trip

Len

Yes, definitely going to take a pretty complete toolset with me. I would be surprised if I didn't have at least one issue. I'll look into grabbing a manual ahead of time as well. I was a mechanic in the military for seven years and do a lot of shadetree stuff as well. I have a race car that I tinker on and I'm currently swapping a 5.3 GM engine into a '97 Wrangler, so I'm not unfamiliar with being under the hood. If I didn't have experience, I don't know that I'd make the trip.

^ Great advise! I would also suggest overlooking the car too it was for sale much cheaper but it also looks like they did clean it up really well. Last I knew the only thing it needed was a valve cover gasket.

Compared to what I have seen, this actually seems like a decent deal. Anything on this side of the country has been in far worse shape, usually automatic, and at least $1000 more expensive. From what I've seen, this car seems to be pretty solid. I did get him down to $2000, so I think I'll be okay with it. Thanks for the heads up though!

Hopefully I'll get a good idea of when I am going to head out there sometime this week. I will definitely keep you guys updated and post some pictures of the journey! I'm really looking forward to it. I drove my friend's MK1 VW Rabbit pickup today and it just upped my want for this thing even more!

• Like 1