Font size used in postings

As I type this, I am recovering from eye surgery in my left eye. I don't normally share my physical ailments or issues publicly and I am not seeking any sympathy.

I had a detached retina. It has been almost 3 weeks since the surgery. I have had major complications with this surgery and a tremendous amount of inflammation, pain, discomfort and irritation. I may have to have another surgery next week. This is my 7th eye surgery over the course of 25 years. I do the best I can with the sight I have.

I am ok with the font sizes as I use my iPad to read the forum and it really makes it easy to enlarge the page to see what I am reading and what I am typing in a larger format. I have to adjust it constantly but it is way better then using the laptop and increasing it with Ctrl +\-.

I was a bit disturbed by Mike's comment about the disability card (should be more sensitive Mike) but I'll get over it. I may end up being disabled if they can't figure out what's wrong with me but I just gotta deal with it.

Still love my Datsuns and this community.

• Like 7
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say people that want to make a change should donate some money..

It might take 1 hour to change but who's paying that person to make a change ??

I have donated cash to Ratsun and for Jeff's brother and others on the forum in need.  Have you?

Mike what does it matter if it is a members father or not.  Because it is his father does this mean he does not matter?

Discrimination of one person or a million people is still discrimination!

First it's one member bitching about it and he's not dissabled, his 'father' is.

As I type this, I am recovering from eye surgery in my left eye. I don't normally share my physical ailments or issues publicly and I am not seeking any sympathy.

I had a detached retina. It has been almost 3 weeks since the surgery. I have had major complications with this surgery and a tremendous amount of inflammation, pain, discomfort and irritation. I may have to have another surgery next week. This is my 7th eye surgery over the course of 25 years. I do the best I can with the sight I have.

I am ok with the font sizes as I use my iPad to read the forum and it really makes it easy to enlarge the page to see what I am reading and what I am typing in a larger format. I have to adjust it constantly but it is way better then using the laptop and increasing it with Ctrl +\-.

I was a bit disturbed by Mike's comment about the disability card (should be more sensitive Mike) but I'll get over it. I may end up being disabled if they can't figure out what's wrong with me but I just gotta deal with it.

Still love my Datsuns and this community.

David you are spot on about adjusting your print size. The end user has to adjust to his world, not whine about the whole world should accommodate him for his 'father'.  Disability? Read below post

Mike what does it matter if it is a members father or not.  Because it is his father does this mean he does not matter?

Discrimination of one person or a million people is still discrimination!

First Charlie, this is not a discrimination against any member nor is it even a discrimination in the slightest. No one is at a reading disadvantage if there are things in place to address the print size for reading. You know it, everyone knows it and so does the unnamed member. The reason (allegedly) this member wants larger print is so his father can read it. So lets say he uses a larger print size... Does this allow his father to read anyone else's posts??? Not one letter of anything. Again, this was a non issue. It's up to the end user to adjust his monitor print size controls, (just like everyone else) to see everything. Not complain that they deserve some special treatment. I told this member that no one was special here.

For the record, Charlie, said member was asked repeatedly to use the forum like all other members. Maybe he told you everything, maybe not. He refused and had several excuses all of which I addressed. As a last resort he was put on mod review. Shortly after he began posting properly and at Steve's suggestion I lifted this and informed him on the 22nd. On the 27th I found 5 posts bold and over large. Member was unrepentant if not confrontational about it, demanding that he was right in the matter. So mod approval it is. 

Ratsun is threading on violations of the disability act.

Bull shit it is. Get a lawyer and he will laugh at this and say 'did the user adjust his screen print size???' The internet isn't responsible for the print size YOU read. So don't go there with that card, save it for something that really applies.

Same as its always been mike? What about the early days, when pacific coast datsuns would post in green comic sans. Its all over the board if you find any of the older topics. So no, not as its always been, more like since you have felt you have more control.

Anyways, I'm fine with enforcing keeping the fonts the same. It requires too much work to change it constantly. But it would be nice if these rules were posted somewhere...

This thread was about over size bold printing..

You have something to do with running a forum do you not, some control? If you have the capability, how about letting your members use any size font or color they wish? If not, bold capitol letters. Here's what will happen... they will just start shouting louder and louder until the print fills the screen in colors they think are cool but are hard on the eyes to read. So you dial your monitor size down and you can't read the sensible size posts. Chaos. Given time everyone (or most) will get real tired of it and agree on a sensible size that is fair and reasonable to all for the sake of good communication. Probably something like non bold black somewhere around size 14. Or some other agreed upon size. You know this. There's nothing wrong with some equality and uniformity when posting.

.... Ratsun is threading on violations of the disability act. ... 

I didn't take it as a threat as there was no violation as you can see by further reading of the facts. It was unfortunate that it was ever brought up and led to other members comments on my attitude towards the dissabled. This whole post could have been avoided. But it is what it is.

So.... we're good? 

I have a stuttering problem.......

a loc a loc... a la la la ........... loc a loc 

a LOCK THIS B B Ba BITCH UP !!!!!!!

lol..........seriously sorry about your eyesight charles, doesn't sound fun

It's what we've learned, that's what it is. If someone sees it as a waste of precious Ratsun space, than they got what they deserved.

Personally I'm glad it wasn't successfully avoided. I had no idea there were so many members dealing with vision loss. Thank you Charlie.

• Like 4