Font size used in postings

AFAIK member is NOT disabled. If his father would adjust his monitor he could read everybody's posts.

It was explained and there was one excuse after another. It's a simple adjustment on everyon's keyboard. If you don't have it you should.

umm

Whats with the bold font... :ninja:

• Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you think that just because you have choice that you should change something? Black print in 14 size works here. It's legible, familiar and standardized. No one here is more special than anyone else. We can all read from the same page. 

Why would you think that just because you have choice that you should change something? Black print in 14 size works here. It's legible, familiar and standardized. No one here is more special than anyone else. We can all read from the same page. 

So why not set it to the desired size?

Problem solved?

To the point?

• Like 1

First there is no problem. Set to 14 Black? I don't know if that can even be done. What about when a larger size is required like for drawing attention to something in a quote? Or a title for a paragraph?  Maybe easier to have the choice but just use 14 Black like all members.

First there is no problem. Set to 14 Black? I don't know if that can even be done. What about when a larger size is required like for drawing attention to something in a quote? Or a title for a paragraph?  Maybe easier to have the choice but just use 14 Black like all members.

Well there is in a way,if it disrupts some or all of the users?

Pretty sure it can be done,does it need to be no

Should a person be able to type and see in a size of font that they can? imo yes to a limit.....

How the heck can foont size disrupt anything?

Why would someone need to draw attention to a post?

No one here is more special than anyone else. We can all read from the same page. 

• Like 1

There's nothing to change. Post in 14 black done. If you have trouble reading adjust your computer screen size.

How will posting in large letters help you read others that post smaller??? It won't any more than making a change simply because you can. It's been this way and it works fine. Way too much time has been wasted on this.

• Like 2

That would be to highlight salient points buried in the text.

Lets keep this more or less on topic.

Keep it on topic Mike and just answers the questions I put forth.

You always talk around a subject of this nature get to the questions asked!

Why is there a font size available if we are not to use it?

Keep it on topic Mike and just answers the questions I put forth.

You always talk around a subject of this nature get to the questions asked!

Why is there a font size available if we are not to use it?

You CAN use it.  See, like that :P  I don't know what posting brought this all about, but I can see why someone posting always in a different font would be obnoxious.  It's like people driving 45mph on a 65mph freeway.  Sure, it's legal, but you're going to annoy all the others on the freeway.  And why can't those who want a bigger font just increase the size in their browser?

• Like 1

Sure.... lets all decide to converse in any size or color of font we feel like. Think about it, everyone would try to outdo everyone else or people would complain that the can't read the small print. Yellow and pink colors are almost invisible on a white background, some others are just a pain to read. 

How about we just do it all the same the way it has always been and there is no problem? It's familiar and it's equal for everyone.

Same as its always been mike? What about the early days, when pacific coast datsuns would post in green comic sans. Its all over the board if you find any of the older topics. So no, not as its always been, more like since you have felt you have more control.

Anyways, I'm fine with enforcing keeping the fonts the same. It requires too much work to change it constantly. But it would be nice if these rules were posted somewhere...

• Like 1

Same as its always been mike? What about the early days, when pacific coast datsuns would post in green comic sans. Its all over the board if you find any of the older topics. So no, not as its always been, more like since you have felt you have more control.

Anyways, I'm fine with enforcing keeping the fonts the same. It requires too much work to change it constantly. But it would be nice if these rules were posted somewhere...

Don't need rules posted, that's for those without a little common sense. There's nothing wrong with a little conformity when posting on a forum, specially when communicating with each other.

(ok that was just for lulz) 

It's like people driving 45mph on a 65mph freeway.  Sure, it's legal, but you're going to annoy all the others on the freeway.  And why can't those who want a bigger font just increase the size in their browser?

but pretty much that right there. ^^^

formatting is useful in the right place (doing 45 in the 45) and not so in others (the 65)

Its general etiquette, esp if youv been asked to stop and blatantly refuse.  

• Like 1

In College we were force fed APA (American Psychology Association) style for typing formal papers. There is a manual about an inch thick on everything from font size to referencing common non-peer reviewed texts. In this context standardization is an important aspect of communicating clearly. Needless to say, I SUCK at conforming to APA standard, but the interesting thing is it so complex, no two people understand, interoperate or use it the same. That includes tight ass professors and stressed out research editors alike.

Point being, in the context of an informal forum site like Ratsun, I think font rules are unnecessary, but it should be common courtesy as the guiding standard, not common "sense".  Let's face it, if there's one universal truth we've learned here, common sense does not exist. 

DEEZ NUTS

• Like 2