INSMNCS: John Cain

He was a handsome lad, para. My mother had a DNR order that a local quackery interpreted to mean they should refrain from giving her water and pain meds as well. Thankfully, my congressman graduated high school with me and a phone call from him set everything right but mother suffered for a solid 36 hours.

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't sleep much last night and I'm still struggling to process this myself, but last night my family came together to make a very hard decision. Although we have the ability to keep Cervantes's body alive with a ventilator, feeding tube, and constant monitoring, there is so much damage to his brain stem alone there is a very high probability he will never breath on his own again. He is not simply in a coma unable to awaken, the damage throughout his brain is so extensive it is causing multiple seizures and in the last week there has been no signs of neurological stabilization or improvement.

After 5 hours of intense debate and soul searching, 9 brothers and sisters, 2 nephews, our parents and his girlfriend came to the unanimous consensus that Cervantes would not have wanted to maintain that life for himself. It crushes me to type this out and make it real, but this afternoon our youngest sibling will be taken off life support and he'll be free to take his final journey what ever that is. 

Cervantes is an organ donor and by some miracle after three pages of physical injuries to his body, lungs aside, his vital organs are unharmed. There are Doctors flying in from all over the West Coast to make sure his body will improve the lives of other people. This truly is a grand expression of who my little Brother is. Insanely giving and creative musician, artist, designer, composer, restauranteur, DJ, and a central figure in his community. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the kindest and gentlest soul our family has produced. Mourning his loss will continue, but for a time I hope to focus on what he has accomplished and contributed while here.

Good ride Mustang 30

41118591720_96c52b6de1_z.jpg 

Sorry for bringing this here Gatto, but I wanted everyone here to know what happened. Insomniacs is the undeniable center of our Ratsun community.

Damnit bro, so sorry this happened, losing a loved one is very rough, you're all in my prayers, stay strong my friend!

• Like 2

Sucks when a love one passes on. My older brother passed on when I was 15 years old, he was only 21 years old. Sad reality that hits when you realize they are not coming back. But as the days go on, months and years you realize that their memories live on. And you, family and friends were fortunate enough to have experience him. Prayers to you, your family and friends. If you need help don't hesitate to seek help, talking to someone is good practice.

• Like 3

Cervantes breathed his last at 3:00AM this morning and it's all good.

Seriously appreciate the kind words guys, and thanks Gatto for the space on INSOM.

Now release the inner car guy and back to scheduled fuckery.

42243655924_5a8d389a99_z.jpg

TO THE RAT

• Like 4