• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

460a7a497b6233a424142fc367ad751e.jpg

Near the end of his last season , an aging and ailing Bird scored 49 points (including a running triple at the end of regulation) to lead Boston to a double OT epic win over the NBA's second-best team

You're a dick.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.celticsblog.com/platform/amp/2016/3/15/11230576/larry-legends-last-stand-how-24-years-ago-today-he-authored-one-of&ved=2ahUKEwjZs_HZruHbAhXKilQKHTLeDQsQFjAYegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw09vDDqKae1BpZ7A56uMenJ&ampcf=1

• Like 1

Very bad news hit my family earlier this week. My little brother was hit by a car on his motorcycle. Car full of teens ran a red light. His body is shattered and he's sustained massive brain injuries. I've been in SD for the passed three days and on Monday spoke to neurologists after an MRI. There are micro contusions throughout both hemispheres, the corpus callosum, and the brain stem, so recovery is not looking good. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed, but trying to be there to support my family. His name is Cervantes so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. 

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/06/15/motorcycle-crash-closes-sr-163-exit-into-downtown/

Very bad news hit my family earlier this week. My little brother was hit by a car on his motorcycle. Car full of teens ran a red light. His body is shattered and he's sustained massive brain injuries. I've been in SD for the passed three days and on Monday spoke to neurologists after an MRI. There are micro contusions throughout both hemispheres, the corpus callosum, and the brain stem, so recovery is not looking good. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed, but trying to be there to support my family. His name is Cervantes so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/06/15/motorcycle-crash-closes-sr-163-exit-into-downtown/

I'm not the praying sort but I will send good vibes to a fellow biker.
  • Like 3

My most sincere sadness to hear this has happened,as a motorcycle rider myself I've seen a few friends come off but not have anything this bad happen.

I have a younger Brother and if he were in this situation I would be in terrible amounts of distress so I empathise strongly. 

May you Brother recover as best as possible and my thoughts with your Brother,you and your family and his friends. 

• Like 1

Shit Para, I can’t imagine having one of my brothers in that situation. Prayers for your lil bro.

On the other topic, what the fuck was a teen with a provisional license doing driving around with other teens at 3 in the am? They’re prohibited from being on the road that late. Major bullshit there.

• Like 2

I didn't sleep much last night and I'm still struggling to process this myself, but last night my family came together to make a very hard decision. Although we have the ability to keep Cervantes's body alive with a ventilator, feeding tube, and constant monitoring, there is so much damage to his brain stem alone there is a very high probability he will never breath on his own again. He is not simply in a coma unable to awaken, the damage throughout his brain is so extensive it is causing multiple seizures and in the last week there has been no signs of neurological stabilization or improvement.

After 5 hours of intense debate and soul searching, 9 brothers and sisters, 2 nephews, our parents and his girlfriend came to the unanimous consensus that Cervantes would not have wanted to maintain that life for himself. It crushes me to type this out and make it real, but this afternoon our youngest sibling will be taken off life support and he'll be free to take his final journey what ever that is. 

Cervantes is an organ donor and by some miracle after three pages of physical injuries to his body, lungs aside, his vital organs are unharmed. There are Doctors flying in from all over the West Coast to make sure his body will improve the lives of other people. This truly is a grand expression of who my little Brother is. Insanely giving and creative musician, artist, designer, composer, restauranteur, DJ, and a central figure in his community. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the kindest and gentlest soul our family has produced. Mourning his loss will continue, but for a time I hope to focus on what he has accomplished and contributed while here.

Good ride Mustang 30

41118591720_96c52b6de1_z.jpg 

Sorry for bringing this here Gatto, but I wanted everyone here to know what happened. Insomniacs is the undeniable center of our Ratsun community. 

• Like 3

So sorry to hear Ron, Big hugs, I know exactly how you are feeling. Its tough to make the decision.

Dealing with something very similar, My mom was on life support for a month and a bit,back in march/april, after leaving the hospital,it was decided when it comes to being on life support, Not what she wants, she has been in and out for the past 3 months, Dad and I just discussed last week that is better for her(while I was in Saskatchewan), She is free to go when she wants to now.

• Like 2

^^ 

Sorry to hear that too 510. 

May your Mother have peace.

Changing my avatar to reflect respect for those lost. 

Thanks man

Peace and free of pain is all I want for Mom, When I was there she had a golden glow period(clarity,very with it etc) If I had not seen it for my own eyes(she had slowed breathing to every 15 seconds,and her skin was getting mottely and hands were almost a dark grey/black),I would never believe,that something like this can happen,but it does!

What tore me up, in the period of clarity, She was tying up loose ends so to speak, She asked Dad if he got my bday card (not far from now) also asked me to make sure her ashes come back to Van Isle to be put with Grandma,and aunt.

She is getting morphine every couple of hrs,,vitals are not monitored only but once a day, when she is ready she will. Talk to Dad everyday,and hospital aswell, While I was out there this past couple weeks,there was some closure so to speak.Seeing her hooked up to the life support,was hard when I was out there is March/April.

• Like 2