• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-06/us-woman-wins-559-million-lotto-but-wants-to-stay-anonymous/9402066

Most of the article is about the winner from NH but  this part - my Father would always mention it whenever big winnings was talked about.

It was a major story/event in Australia at the time as the article says.

Sydney boy abducted, ransom demanded after lottery win

An Australian boy was murdered after a significant lottery win.

Graeme Thorne, who lived in Sydney with his parents, had what seemed like the good fortune in 1960 to win 100,000 pounds in an Opera House lottery.

The Thornes' names and address were splashed across newspapers, along with the date the winnings would be paid.

Graeme was abducted and a ransom demanded for his return, but he was murdered shortly after being taken.

A man named Stephen Bradley was eventually arrested and sentenced to life in prison for killing Thorne.

At the time, the Thorne case was said to have marked the end of Australian innocence.

It was a pretty, cold, sunny morning when I got up.
8:00 I made a snowman.
8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn’t make a snow woman.
8:15 I made a snow woman.
8:17 The nanny of the neighbors complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest.
8:20 The gay couple living nearby grumbled that it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:25 The vegans at No. 12 complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 The Muslim gent across the road wants the snow woman to wear a headscarf.
8:40 Someone calls the cops who show up to see what’s going on.
8:42 I am told that the broomstick of the snowman needs to be removed because it could be used as a deadly weapon.
Things get worse after I mutter : "Yeah, if it's up your a***"
8:52 My phone is seized and thoroughly checked while I am blindfolded and flown to the police station in a helicopter.
9:00 I'm on the news as a suspected terrorist bent on stirring up trouble at this sensitive time.
9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices.
9:29 A little known jihadist group has claimed it was their plot.
9:30 I realized that I should have stayed in bed.
So, how is your day going ?

-Stolen from infamous

• Like 7

PSA:

Never finger bang after eating the hot Cheetos.

That is all.

Holy fuckinell gato, I honestly hope that was a joke.

I once absentmindedly scratched my sack whilst eating wasabi peas...you’ll never make that mistake twice.