• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was exciting!, driving on 210 east bound down here in LA area, noticed my voltmeter was erratic and every now and then mainly while driving on very bumpy road different codes poped on my dash...clearly a ground issue, got out of bumpy zone and on 57 south, 3 miles before my exit in Corona another bump followed by a load BOOM that made me jump off my seat...1 of 8 batteries blew up, luckily didn't start a fire, there was just a little bit of fire at the pole terminal + from that blown battery, so I got out my tools and proceeded to unhook and bypass the blown battery, turns out the idiot mechanic did not check all grounds last week when I told him I have a ground problem, somehow he missed the 4 set of batteries below the driver side of the truck, all fucking ground wires were loose.....fucking idiots, my boss gonna blow a fuse tomorrow when I get to the yard and tell him LOL

Good times!

Never trust mechanics!

Well, that was exciting!, driving on 210 east bound down here in LA area, noticed my voltmeter was erratic and every now and then mainly while driving on very bumpy road different codes poped on my dash...clearly a ground issue, got out of bumpy zone and on 57 south, 3 miles before my exit in Corona another bump followed by a load BOOM that made me jump off my seat...1 of 8 batteries blew up, luckily didn't start a fire, there was just a little bit of fire at the pole terminal + from that blown battery, so I got out my tools and proceeded to unhook and bypass the blown battery, turns out the idiot mechanic did not check all grounds last week when I told him I have a ground problem, somehow he missed the 4 set of batteries below the driver side of the truck, all fucking ground wires were loose.....fucking idiots, my boss gonna blow a fuse tomorrow when I get to the yard and tell him LOL

Good times!

Never trust mechanics!

Yes specially those who work on a simple old 210 that the owner hid 4 sets of batteries cunningly below the driver's side. 

• Like 1

Well, that was exciting!, driving on 210 east bound down here in LA area, noticed my voltmeter was erratic and every now and then mainly while driving on very bumpy road different codes poped on my dash...

.....fucking idiots, my boss gonna blow a fuse tomorrow when I get to the yard and tell him LOL

Good times!

Never trust mechanics!

Yes specially those who work on a simple old 210 that the owner hid 4 sets of batteries cunningly below the driver's side. 

I think you misread Mike.  While Kohearts was quite vague about what he was driving.  I thought it was more than safe to assume that it was a company vehicle with on board equipment that required quite a few batteries to operate. 

Funny that the Highway number coincides with a popular vehicle in the Datsun lineup.  There's a 610 Loop around Houston that I've always wanted to drive in a 610 coupe.

• Like 1

yea speseshly shadetree cranberry farmer mechs.

HA!! Lot you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there's no sun in Grayland,,,,     

ever

hence the name.

• Like 1

I think you misread Mike.  While Kohearts was quite vague about what he was driving.  I thought it was more than safe to assume that it was a company vehicle with on board equipment that required quite a few batteries to operate. 

Funny that the Highway number coincides with a popular vehicle in the Datsun lineup.  There's a 610 Loop around Houston that I've always wanted to drive in a 610 coupe.

2011 Freightliner Cascadia :)

Tell your buddies to keep them between the lines. :)

If you spend any time on the interstate, it's like a guessing game of how soon until the big rig starts drifting into your lane. Usually it's the exact second you start to pass. 

• Like 1