ITB's on an L20

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i won my ebay action today and now i am the proud owner of a set of gsxr 1000 throttle bodies

6942_1.jpg

also made another pulley today and i have one more to make and i will be getting the stuff to make at least 2 more after that so if you want an EDIS kit let me know

pic101308_2.jpg

hears a test fit on my engine

pic101308_3.jpg

the key to the "kit" part is making a VR sensor bracket to go with it. At that point, you can clock the 36-1 wheel on the crank pulley correctly and really make it a "kit".

yeah when i get my mount made then maybe i can also include that but as of right now i just have the L pulley that i modify and the edis ring you press on where you need it

Since I'm not a motor guy.......I'm guessing the MAP version is a bit more accurate than the TPS one? That will account for barometric changes from weather and altitude that the tps won't??? Is that a correct assumption? :)

yes unless you have a big cam and a lopey idle and don't create enough vacuum at idle then you need the other one

no problem for the link it is what first got me interested in edis seeing how cheap it was :cool:

Thanks. Have you come across any recommendations for donor map sensors?

If you look on the site with the megajolt modules, the kit comes with either a MAP sensor or a TPS. There is also a link on there with some very interesting info on the difference between the two.

Looking at how much power some of the guys are getting with the Megasquirt and edis system, I REALLY WANT ONE. I just start reading this type of stuff and think WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING? This is WAY above my head.:blink: I think I'll just stick with the Weber or some SU's. :D

If you are only planning on running spark, MegaJolt is the way to go. I know of at least one built LZ with 46mm SU's and the MegaJolt/EDIS setup on it. I loved the EDIS/MegaSquirt on my car. Having complete control over your ignition is huge when tuning your car.

Provided you have the missing tooth in the right place the EDIS will run in "limp home" mode or failsafe. 10 degrees BTDC. You dont necissarily need a megasquirt or megajolt but to get any timing you will have to run 30+ degrees at idle because you will get no advance. The megasquirt still uses a TPS for acceleration enrichments as does the MAS air systems. You can run a MAP system without the TPS you will just get the sluggish stumble as you stab the throttle.

So....for the megajolt units for standalone edis, do you recommend the tps version?

I am not familiar with the Megajolt but I dont see a need for it to have a TPS. Are you sure they need one? All the systems that I have seen that have a TPS controll fuel as well as spark. Also, if I have learned anything about Megasquirt its that the kits are all the same but as your assembling it you pick which components to install based on your needs.

EDIT: OK I read a little about the megajolt and it says you can use EITHER or the TPS or MAP. I would assume its the same kit its just up to you which components you install.

Edited by Fineline

.....so do you think the map setup will cause the stumble? I can see why tps would be instant and map might lag.....but I map should be a lot more accurate???

...with megasquirt....if you have one that will handle the fuel management and the ignition....can you run just the ign...then later hook up the fuel?

.....so do you think the map setup will cause the stumble? I can see why tps would be instant and map might lag.....but I map should be a lot more accurate???

...with megasquirt....if you have one that will handle the fuel management and the ignition....can you run just the ign...then later hook up the fuel?

I dont think you will have the stumble with ign. only. The TPS acceleration enrichment of Megasquirt acts like an accelerator pump on carbs. When it senses the throttle has been opened it opens your injectors longer for the extra fuel during acceleration. Of course all of this is adjustable by % extra and duration. With mine the ign. is based on the MAP so when it goes into boost the timing is retarded based on how much boost.

With the megasquirt you can do just that. It will run the ign. and then later if you so decide you can add the fuel part. I dont know how much the Megajolt is but it seems more cost effective to get the Megasquirt and have the option.

Especially you Mike........you can never leave well enough alone!:D

Mike, that is exactly what I did with my car. The nice thing about using MegaSquirt is you have a full blown ECU at your disposal for all kinds of other stuff - fan control, you can make idiot style warning lights.. anyway. you get the idea

What about a four coil/8 plug set up. I couldn't find anything.

Well, that would be more of a EDIS side of the problem. It would be interesting if you could make EDIS work with a twin plug head...so do it Mike!