CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

How about setting up a video conference or live feed of the meetings for those who would like to be part of DNW but cant travel there.  Then have a online (live) blog to ask questions or make statements.  We have all the techno stuff to do so

This is a great idea. I'd be a paying member if I could attend remotely.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea. I'd be a paying member if I could attend remotely.

add awake on that list.

I know it would be hard to incorporate all the individuals that would attend remotely into conversation because some people (the older ones) would probably forget that they're there. But a live stream would still be nice. Would probably require a liason for the internet and a chat room for people to shoot questions through or something so that their opinions would be heard or at least seen

Google hangouts would solve all of this.

add awake on that list.

I know it would be hard to incorporate all the individuals that would attend remotely into conversation because some people (the older ones) would probably forget that they're there. But a live stream would still be nice. Would probably require a liason for the internet and a chat room for people to shoot questions through or something so that their opinions would be heard or at least seen

• Like 1

never heard of it. Oh wait, I thought that was some weird social media thing that I've been avoiding for a while now

I mean, there are lot of options out there. This is free. Might not be the best solution... but free is good and would work.

• Like 2

Right.

Moving on..

Loren you should bring up Farmers suggestion at the next meeting. Let them know there are lots of us that would register and attend remotely every month. Even if that means you using periscope for the video feed.

• Like 2

Maybe "Datsloco's" could take over and organize, and run the event at Canby

No, maybe they could just build a Datsun and raffle it off as a fundraiser for DNW. SURELY someone appreciative would end up with the fruit of many members' labor and donated parts. :)

• Like 8

I will definitely be sharing the ideas you guys have posted here,with the Datsuns NW crew. I almost contacted "the Guy" yesterday, but decided to wait until after the actual election. I know I t would be difficult for many of you to attend their meetings,but if you could make it to a few,that would be good. As for all the website/tech related stuff, I think it would probably be much better if you could make it to a meeting to explain what your ideas are,how they would work,etc. Remember, these are mostly old school Datsun people. They didn't really plan on Canby becoming this big of a thing originally. I get the impression that what we all do on Ratsun,is a little overwhelming for some of them. Having someone who understands the technical stuff ,explain it ,would make it less "foreign " to them. At best,I only have a very vague,& limited understanding of the tech stuff myself,so I am definitely not the person to explain it to others. I will however work with whoever will take care of the tech stuff,if they are unable to attend the meetings on a regular basis.

As for Datslocos Oregon "taking over " the event, I think AL & I would agree that we would prefer to play a supporting role,rather than come in and try to take over another clubs event. That is part of the reason why I held back a little bit i" campaigning" for the Datsuns NW officer jobs. These two things are separate entities. I believe we among the leadership of Datslocos Oregon would start our own event,rather than take over some other clubs show,that they obviously have put so much hard work into over so many years.

• Like 1

No, maybe they could just HALF ASSEMBLE a Datsun and raffle it off as a A DONE "SHOW TRUCK"  for DNW. SURELY someone  would  OVER LOOK some of the dangerous workmanship<<<<< Nahh,,,  WORSHIP THE FUCKING THING AND EVERYONE THAT EVEN HAD ANY PART IN IT>. :)

I worked on that fucking thing AFTER it was delivered ...  Seriously who leaves the WHOLE steering system FINGER FUCKING TIGHT ????  WHO ???  YOU??

• Like 1

Cool story,bro. Start a thread about it.

So with that bullshit statement you seem to be calling me a liar,, Cuz if that is the case FUCK YOU  !! and if you wanna meet somewhere to say it to my face this weekend i will be happy to be there

Maybe smoking less dope and paying attention to detail might have help in that situation...

So you"re ok with it being dangerous???  What if someone that didn't know cars won that dangerous piece of shit?? 

And I too want to help out with Canby ,,,IF they accommodate my every request and it doesn't inconvenience me in any way..