CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry so much everyone. I think it's highly unlikely that Canby will be Cancelled at this point. The guy I think will be elected to take Dave's place when he retires,has some good ideas,& seems to understand how important the show is to all of us.

• Like 2

Don't worry so much everyone. I think it's highly unlikely that Canby will be Cancelled at this point. The guy I think will be elected to take Dave's place when he retires,has some good ideas,& seems to understand how important the show is to all of us.

But is he willing to consider suggestions and help from the community? This event is being run by Datsuns NW but I would consider it the Datsun community's show, however. I'm not sure if that is the philosophy internal to DNW though. The show would not be a success without Datsuns. The show would not have near the attendance (like it or not) without Ratsun. 

That being said, no one wants to take over the event. Datsuns NW has done a good job with it. I just hope that they are willing to accept suggestions, accept help, and improve this event year over year. Weather those suggestions come from DNW or externally. 

All that being said, I think you nailed it earlier Loren. Aside from the internal issues the club might have, their PR is failing miserably. No one knows anything that is happening, they don't even have a good record of present/past members. They don't have member information posted. They don't communicate to their members, which makes it tough to... you know... vote.

Having someone to can update their site, twitter, failbook, and whatever other social trash would be a great first step!

• Like 1

maybe even go to the nearest nissan dealer, and start talking business, sponsor the event ...etc.   

the least they can do for decades of dedication 

Their monthly meetings are held at Willsonville Nissan and they have donated some stuff to the event(mouse pads, other dealer swag). But this could probably be expanded on a bit more and it would be cool to actually have a presence at the event(s).

Tdaaj, and whoever else was asking, there was only 1 person nominated [ no, not me ] .  he has been a member of their club before.  I am not a member of Datsuns NW at the moment, mostly because their registration function on their website does not work.  it just says " contact Dave Bothwell" ,  apparently there was supposed to be a paypal link, but it isn't there anymore.  anyway, I have told them that I would take the job, but I would be just as happy just helping out.  I have enough on my plate with Datslocos Oregon already.  I also have family stuff to take care of,  several Datsun projects of my own, that I am already having difficulty making time for, & I like to think that I will be equally active with helping out the group that puts on the Blue Lake show.  I would like to take this opportunity to ask you all to get involved with that show also. 

if someone wants to volunteer to handle the computer, & technical stuff for the Datsuns NW website, & social media, I would be willing to go to the meetings & take notes, etc then pass that to whoever can keep the site functioning & up to date.  let me know.

• Like 1

I'd toss my name into that hat.

Tdaaj, and whoever else was asking, there was only 1 person nominated [ no, not me ] .  he has been a member of their club before.  I am not a member of Datsuns NW at the moment, mostly because their registration function on their website does not work.  it just says " contact Dave Bothwell" ,  apparently there was supposed to be a paypal link, but it isn't there anymore.  anyway, I have told them that I would take the job, but I would be just as happy just helping out.  I have enough on my plate with Datslocos Oregon already.  I also have family stuff to take care of,  several Datsun projects of my own, that I am already having difficulty making time for, & I like to think that I will be equally active with helping out the group that puts on the Blue Lake show.  I would like to take this opportunity to ask you all to get involved with that show also. 

if someone wants to volunteer to handle the computer, & technical stuff for the Datsuns NW website, & social media, I would be willing to go to the meetings & take notes, etc then pass that to whoever can keep the site functioning & up to date.  let me know.

• Like 3

How about setting up a video conference or live feed of the meetings for those who would like to be part of DNW but cant travel there.  Then have a online (live) blog to ask questions or make statements.  We have all the techno stuff to do so

• Like 2