CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there would be.  Al & I basically told them that at the last meeting.  I will try to get some idea of things they could use help with, then post them here.   I know they need someone who could help run their webpage,& be responsible for "Social Media" for their club.   Al ,Jester & I all talked to them about how lacking the updated information, has been on their website, & that because of that many people don't really even look at it.   What they probably need is someone with some experience putting together web sites,& also maintaining them.  the same probably goes for "Social Media".  whoever it is would need to have a decent computer available to them.   I will try to help out with this kind of thing, but I do not have the training, the experience ,or a computer to do what needs to be done.  Other than occasionally using the computer at work, I am only online via cel phone, which is also why you all don't see more posts from me here on Ratsun.

• Like 2

I thought there would be.  Al & I basically told them that at the last meeting.  I will try to get some idea of things they could use help with, then post them here.   I know they need someone who could help run their webpage,& be responsible for "Social Media" for their club.   Al ,Jester & I all talked to them about how lacking the updated information, has been on their website, & that because of that many people don't really even look at it.   What they probably need is someone with some experience putting together web sites,& also maintaining them.  the same probably goes for "Social Media".  whoever it is would need to have a decent computer available to them.   I will try to help out with this kind of thing, but I do not have the training, the experience ,or a computer to do what needs to be done.  Other than occasionally using the computer at work, I am only online via cel phone, which is also why you all don't see more posts from me here on Ratsun.

I totally agree. I went to their website looking for this information.. and I also went to their twitter. Neither one are close to updated. It's probably important that person also go to their monthly meetings to get information about the club and happenings so they actually have content to post. I know there are a bunch of people that would volunteer to run that for them... but only a few that could make the commitment to actually go to the meetings.

I would love to do that for them! But even I couldn't make it up there once a month unfortunately. 

I think if anything you could at least be a good liaison between their club and Ratsun\Datslocos\etc..

We showed last year, if you ask for help we can make good things happen. Their club needs a lot of help. They have had the same people in the same positions for a long time. I think the jobs have grown a lot, and their time and abilities have stayed the same. They have done a great job with Canby. But could be so much more..

I've talked to people that have been in the Datsun game since the OG and live within an hour of Canby.... and they are like... "There is a Datsun show?"

• Like 3

My boy will be 16 in 2020 and as a family we are aiming to have all 3 a10s (4if I get a coupe by then) ready for the 2500 mile round trip road trip.

Until then I'll hafta sit back and watch.

I live streamed it last year. I'll probably do it again this year.

2020 seems so far away.... but it's only 4 years.. WTF 

• Like 3

How does the designation of camp/show spots work? Do you need to pre reg, or just show up and say I wanna sleep here lol.

You just show up, pay to camp, drive to the camp area and find a place that appears to be not taken, then take it. There are no camp sites.. it's an open field.

• Like 2

Flatcat,  I live here.  for me Canby is every day!

I was just there for Thanksgiving.

My dad asked when I'm moving back to help take over the farm/cattle.

Want to head to the maritimes Quebec and the arctic for the next few summer trips.

Weak!

Once you Canby, every vacation will be Canby.

I take a day or two around the holidays...no time off again until June!

Can't wait to do it again.

• Like 3

the suspense of whether or not theres going to be another canby is killing me.... 

but when you think about it, im sure that a "group" could reserve the fairground on that weekend just like has been done for the last 10 years. 

just run it like it always has, and in the off chance datsuns NW isnt hosting it, thats no big deal if thats how it ends up turnin out.. 

bottom line, canby is my favorite thing to do every year, so i hope it keeps happening...

• Like 6

Weak!

Once you Canby, every vacation will be Canby.

I take a day or two around the holidays...no time off again until June!

Can't wait to do it again.

I feel it is my duty as a cannuck to explore more of the corners of my large and diverse country before venturing elsewhere again. All trips will be road trips, with stops at every mini golf and go kart track we come across, as is the norm when my heads out. It is always about the journey, never just the destination.