question about 510 wiper linkage

jesusno2

I took apart my wiper linkage today cause the wiper motor was siezed up so I though I'd investigate the linkgae too well after breaking off every stud exept one I got it out. Now are both the aluminum pieces supposed to piviot right?? Cause I got one that is locked up tighter than you know what. Its soaking in penetrate right now hopefully I can lossen it up without breaking it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took apart my wiper linkage today cause the wiper motor was siezed up so I though I'd investigate the linkgae too well after breaking off every stud exept one I got it out. Now are both the aluminum pieces supposed to piviot right?? Cause I got one that is locked up tighter than you know what. Its soaking in penetrate right now hopefully I can lossen it up without breaking it.

are you refering to the triangular parts attached to the cowl? those studs broke?

the linkage rotates freely in them as well as around the motor. once free lubricate liberaly (i use white Li gresae)

Yea the shaft that goes through the aluminum triangle pieces. One side spins the pass side one is not. Yea I broke every one of those stupid studs trying to get them out. Oh well looks like I can just drill them out and replace them with ss hardware. Might be kinda a bear to put back it but those studs look to be quite strange and prolly impossible to get.

Some of the 620's use a plastic housing instead of aluminum. So the plastic wears and then you have floppy wiper arms. So i was attempting to replace mine with better ones from the JY. Those damn little studs that broke off for you, well they spun in the plastic housing for me. Now figure out how to get vise-grips down inside the cowl area and get ahold of that little tiny head so that you can break the stud off. Made sure that there was plenty of antiseize on the replacement stuff.

Jason