Looking for a 6-bolt flywheel

Specifically, I need a flywheel from any CAR L20b (not truck), or the flywheel from the 80/81 200sx (Z20e).

So... 6-bolt flywheel, that'll mate up to a 200mm pressure plate.

I'm in the Lacey/Olympia area. Let me know what you want for it, either cash or parts. I might have something you want.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Specifically, I'd like a roadster flywheel, as that'll mate up appropriately with my roadster clutch assembly, but apparently I can use a flywheel from any CAR L20b (not truck), as well as the flywheel from the 80/81 200sx (Z20e).

So... 6-bolt flywheel, that'll mate up to a 200mm pressure plate.

I'm in the Lacey/Olympia area. Let me know what you want for it, either cash or parts. I might have something you want.

The Roadster flywheel is no good for you it won't fit the Lseries engines BUT the 200mm clutch and PP will. If you have an L20B flywheel from a car it should slso fit the 200mm clutch.

Don't forget that the flywheel is needed for storing energy needed to get the car moving from a start. Lightened wheels are great for racing where there are few stops and frees up a small amount of power usually used to spin the heavy flywheel up to speed along with the car. Is used on a DD and/or around town, more gas and clutch slipping will be needed at stops and there is a tendency to easily stall. How much can you live with?

I have a aluminum flywheel and it drives great in my truck. No stalling or nothing. The only thing I did not like was that the "pins" Didn't line up correctly. I installed the clutch with out being perfectly aligned. I'm going to take it off and try too see if a machine shop can align my clutch with the flywheel and put on those 3 "pins" that it needs. Or just take it off and use the stock one...

I had a dozen or so bad teeth on the ring gear of the flex plate of my first 510. I was able to weld the teeth back up and shape them with a 4" grinder. No problems after that. Just thought I'd add that as an option if someone just can' get a flywheel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.