check it out, $60k classic Patrol

http://www.motorcarstudio.com/1281_V20150403095909/Atlanta/1977-Nissan-Patrol-for-sale

1281_V20150403095909.jpg

Now just because it is listed for $60k obviously doesn't mean it will sell for that. I know the inside skinny on this truck, where it comes from, how much it would cost there, who imported it and what he would sell it to you or me for. I am not bothered one bit by the mark up. It is not a US Patrol since it is a 1977. That is a consignment company so they obviously are marking it up to make their share. 

Now $60k I do believe would be a record in N. America for any Nissan 4wd. I certainly would be a record price for a Patrol. I know of three sold in the US, all imports that have cracked $30k but that is a long ways off from $60k!! 

Any ways, thought you guys would have fun with this one. I am interested simply because I have Patrols, but more because I restore them for people and always get the whole whats it worth questions. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

60k for a complete iron drivetrain that's heavy as the price tag and goes 55 max on the freeway due to gearing.  Cool?  Hell yeah!  60k?  Not even fucking close.  I'd rather get a Saudi newer Patrol with creature comforts worth 60k, than the equivalent of an old army Jeep, restored or not.

60k for a complete iron drivetrain that's heavy as the price tag and goes 55 max on the freeway due to gearing.  Cool?  Hell yeah!  60k?  Not even fucking close.  I'd rather get a Saudi newer Patrol with creature comforts worth 60k, than the equivalent of an old army Jeep, restored or not.

I hear ya. I wouldn't pay $60k for it, you wouldn't pay that for it and most people on here wouldn't too. Thing is, will somebody out there pay that much!? There are those types, ya know, who own jets so $60k on some toy to impress others at their "ranch" is nothing. 

Cheers

It is a very nice Patrol, but they are as high as the price! No way, I mean no damn way will they get close to that number!

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Two MWB have already been brought in from Colombia and sold for over $30k. The record on a Land Cruiser is around $120k and it was also a Colombian import. 

There was a pretty lack luster resto awhile back. A red 69 that sold to a guy in the midwest who collects Datsuns. It went for over $20k and like I say was not all that great. Door handles painted with the body for example. 

Cheers

I got offered 14 patrols for 10k...most of them were nearly rust... bought one for a parts car for mine....

while we're on this... what toyota front ends can be swapped in? whatrearend? I want something with available parts!    the patrol is my next full resto after i finish the Cedric... Cedric goes for upholstery this week.  

I got offered 14 patrols for 10k...most of them were nearly rust... bought one for a parts car for mine....

while we're on this... what toyota front ends can be swapped in? whatrearend? I want something with available parts!    the patrol is my next full resto after i finish the Cedric... Cedric goes for upholstery this week.  

I would use the 80 series land cruiser axles, extra beef :)