shorter shock for my stock 70 510????

Evaded

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 510 uses struts up front so no. You can run shorter struts though. 280zx struts will fit, and lower the 510 a couple of inches. With added coil overs you can go even lower. The zx struts also have a much larger caliper and larger diameter vented rotors also. Win win.

Find the search engine over on the right side of evert page. Type 280zx struts on a 510 and start your research.

Im going to be cutting my front springs for now to get the look I want, this is why im asking about the shorter strut option.

Cutting them is not the way to set your ride height. Cutting a spring shorter increases their rate or stiffness. The chances of get both the height and the stiffness you can live with is very unlikely.

There are springs that are just right for what you want and then there are the bone jarring, kidney bleeding, dash rattling 300+ pounds per inch ones that 'race cars' use. Firmer springs are great, and I'm all for them, but you don't have to live with too stiff ones. I'm saying the ride height should not dictate the spring rate because you had to cut it too much. 

• Like 1

Just cut the lower perches. Get locking collars from your local fastener supply store. Bolt them on. Now you can adjust the hight in the front and keep the same spring rate. Cost... $30 or less.

• Like 2